• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What Makes A Good Movie? (1 Viewer)

scoby_2000

HSC
well comon guys...recently its begun to bug me....

some of my friends like zoolander...i dont

some of my friends like the real cancun...it was humourous....

some of my friends like donnie darko....my favourite

but wats wit it....take amityhorror for example....

how can some people think its amazing and others think its the biggest load of shiat ever....

so comon guys...spill....wat do you guys reakon make a film good and/or awesome!? (or bad....)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
A good movie is one which successfully does what it sets out to do. Sorry, I hate general questions like that and I can't be bothered thinking up of the thousands of reasons that can make a movie good or bad, especially when different aspects of a movie might work in one but not another.

I'll start you out with 2 things which I generally don't like....corniness and cliche. For an example, see the last hour of Lord of the Rings: Return of the King.

gosh

a good movie definitely has to have a good storyline and effective actors/characters. It cant be too predictable and cliche and it should entertain the audience. Movies that get crap reviews are usually shallow and pointless, i.e some crap horror movies

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
jim_green said:
I'll start you out with 2 things which I generally don't like....corniness and cliche. For an example, see the last hour of Lord of the Rings: Return of the King.
that was made by a book , that was before most cliches in movies made , so i guess its allowed

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I think that a moderatly graphic sex-scene, no matter how irrelevant, is essential to a good movie. Preferably in the middle b/c anywhere else effects the plot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)