What mark for Band 6 (1 Viewer)

Dongle

HSC
I'm doing accelerated this year and I'm wondering what mark I need for Band 6? I want to do a Distinction course. Thanks.

And that exam wasn't particularly easy for me either. I'm not really confident about getting a Band 6.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
it wasnt such a hard test, so probably mid-high 80s for a band 6 im guessing.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
Generally to get into a Distinction Course u need a mark of about 90+ (which also constitutes a Band 6)

It's too hard to say what mark u need in the actual exam to get u a Band 6, because moderation of marks, ur school rank etc all plays a part in it, so it's too much to gamble and guess about.

I have however, known ppl to get into distinction courses with high Band 5s.

brainwad

His Imperial Majesty
HSC
There are quite a few Cosmo people who didn't get band 6, but high band 5. :)

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
There are 3 distinction courses: cosmology, philosophy and comparative literature.

They are a 2unit subject, but only available to students who were accelerated in something and achieved over 90 in that subject

They are very challenging - probably at a university level of difficulty - but obviously scale heaps well

brainwad

His Imperial Majesty
HSC
Very challenging my ass :p Cosmo I spent a sum total of 2 weeks doing work for - 1 day before each of the 6 assignments, a week doing my MP... (except my MP will suck, only 7000 words :p)

HSC
Musk said:
no i assessed the exam and i believe the alignment would be a negative not a positive so im guessing u need to be 95 to secure ur band 6
I just think the markers will mark alot harder and want really specific anwsers.

hstanley

HSC
Dongle said:
I'm doing accelerated this year and I'm wondering what mark I need for Band 6? I want to do a Distinction course. Thanks.

And that exam wasn't particularly easy for me either. I'm not really confident about getting a Band 6.

I'm being accelerated this year (did SDD in one year instead of 2). My friend who did another subjcet accelerated already got the letter about it. So i don't know if they will keep sending them out.
I found that exam kinda hard. I'm bordering on band 5 and 6... so i pray to god that it was a hard exam and it got scaled :D

dunno04

HSC
wow.
well u never know about the marking.
it might be 90+ u get a band6
or 80+ u get a band6...depends on the test
BUt..i guess this year was pretty easy....
so i guess band6 shud be 90+

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)