what marks for UAI? (1 Viewer)

ta1g

With these subjects what assessment marks/ranks would i need to get on average to get a UAI of 95?

English Adv
Modern Hist
Maths 2unit
Chem
Earth science

tennille

HSC
It depends what school you go to. Say for an average public school, you'd probably need to be in the top ten for most of your subjects, whereas for a selective school, it doesn't need to be as high.

spackness

HSC
...?

but what if you go to a really dumb school... I go to malvina a normal public school and there aren't too many people in it who try real hard. I got 1st in 4 of my subjects and 2nd in the last one...because i am in a public school am i screwed...damned to a life of tafe??? or can i still make it to uni?undefined

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
spackness said:
but what if you go to a really dumb school... I go to malvina a normal public school and there aren't too many people in it who try real hard. I got 1st in 4 of my subjects and 2nd in the last one...because i am in a public school am i screwed...damned to a life of tafe??? or can i still make it to uni?undefined
Not at all. If you come 1st on the internal assessment, then the top exam mark will become your internal assessment mark... So considering your current ranks, if you get good marks in your exams you should go fine. :)

tennille

HSC
You're better off putting random marks into SAM until you get a UAI of about 95.

frootloop

HSC
Try using JUAI as well. It gives pretty similar UAI estimates as SAM but it also has a reverse feature. You plug in the UAI you want and it gives you an estimate of what would be required of you for each course in order to get it. Plus it's easy to fiddle around with by just dragging all the bar thingies and seeing the result in doing so. All will be clear when you try it out.

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
my advice...just do ur best.

u always try to aim for 100, for full marks, in any assessment. that will give you the best chances to get what you want.

my philosophy is that if you say "oh, i just need 85 for chem", then you wont work as hard for that 85, and perhaps, the fear is, you wont reach that 85, because there is no measure of how much effort = a specific mark.

again, do your best. you might surprise yourself, and get over 95 UAI. now wouldnt that be good!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)