• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What not to write after your summer clerkship... (1 Viewer)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Rollonfridayhttp://www.rollonfriday.com/story925.htm reports:
A summer student who left Edinburgh firm Anderson Strathern after only two weeks has written a top quality list of her grievances and scanned it to half the firm (including about 15 partners and the chairman).

You can read it here. The student, Shanaz, complains that the office is a morgue which would "make any angst-ridden teenager cut their wrists". Apparently the problem is that everyone spends their time working and the office is so quiet "you don't want to eat your crisps in case other people can hear". The solution is for everyone to "just stop, kick back and chillax for a minute".

Warming to her theme, she suggests that opiates be pumped through the ventilation system or that staff be given happy cakes. And for some bizarre reason we're told that "Superman would have quit ages ago if he didn't rescue a grateful kid or hottie from time to time".

Shanaz has become an Edinburgh institution, and has even added to the city's legal lexicon (as in "The deal has to sign tomorrow? Chillax!)".

Andersen Strathern confirmed that it has a progressive policy on the eating of crisps at desks. A spokesman told us "anything less crunchy than McCoy's are fine".
Shanaz's letter is attached. ;)

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Aww, I almost feel sorry for her. She's good natured and I'm sure means to help, but is just so damn naive. *sigh*, she signed the letter 'love' for crying out loud, how can you hate that?

But yes, I find her surprise at the fact all those solicitors do is 'work all the time' hilarious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)