What professions and industries do we anticipate AI will increasingly dominate in the coming decade? (1 Viewer)

nitto

HSC
a lot of the filler positions in industries i think are going to get cut out. advertisements and journalism i think is pretty soon. i dont think programming is obv going to completely go, just that it'll reduce in demand with the easier tasks being replaced and then slowly taking on better responsibilities as it improves, but i'd say that's next. artists aren't going because there's always going to be a demand for human made things, like how people like hand made wooden objects as opposed to cheap mass produced crap. but i think once we get AGI a lot of jobs are going to go, even those in the physical world like drivers, cooks, etc. honestly i feel like the medical industry would be last mainly due to the amount of bureaucracy in the system and regulations around practitioners, but i can see AI being used alongside doctors, like using it to interpret bloodwork or running diagnostics

liamkk112

HSC
a lot of the filler positions in industries i think are going to get cut out. advertisements and journalism i think is pretty soon. i dont think programming is obv going to completely go, just that it'll reduce in demand with the easier tasks being replaced and then slowly taking on better responsibilities as it improves, but i'd say that's next. artists aren't going because there's always going to be a demand for human made things, like how people like hand made wooden objects as opposed to cheap mass produced crap. but i think once we get AGI a lot of jobs are going to go, even those in the physical world like drivers, cooks, etc. honestly i feel like the medical industry would be last mainly due to the amount of bureaucracy in the system and regulations around practitioners, but i can see AI being used alongside doctors, like using it to interpret bloodwork or running diagnostics
but will AGI happen soon. imo no, and if such a thing occurs then probably literally every job will be replaced since it means that AI is just as good as a human, and there are probably worse things to worry about.

also isn't it funny how companies like openai aim to make AGI. yet say that it is an existential risk. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)