• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What questions will they ask? (1 Viewer)

AJD

HSC
Does anyone know what type of questions they will ask you in the HSC exam for the close study of text? Is it alright to prepare just one essay, eg focusing on themes and issues. What advice do you have? Thanks

Beege

HSC
You can't really prepare an essay for this module as the questions are unpredictable. Just know your text inside out and you'll be fine.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
The worst question they can ever ask is to analyse a particular scene/extract/verse/page etc... which happened in 2005. Otherwise, most of the other questions can be found to be closely related to the syllabus description of this module as well as the examination rubric. The questions aren't really that unpredictable. So far, all past exam questions can be easily tackled by relating themes and techniques to the unique aspects of the text.
If you want to prepare an essay for this, make sure you analyse and relate the techniques and their themes down in great detail, because this allows you to be flexible with most questions. For any question you are confronted with, make sure you can answer it effectively by incorporating anything relevent to it from your prepared material with you own ideas developed on the spot. Never memorise an essay word for word just know it's ideas and key points.

HSC
i'm doin the text shoe horn sonata, so i'm going to know all theme and the technqiues which are fuound within these themes. then i;m going to know wat least 3 scenes off by heart
i suggest that you know themes/scence and the texhnoqies - how this affects the auridnence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)