• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What radio station is #1? (2 Viewers)

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
I don't listen to that much radio (When I wake up, that's about it), but Triple J is pretty decent. That wacky Adam & Will combination.

narrator

HSC
N/A
nova's good at times, but too much dance at others, kyle and jackie o on 2day are pretty good, and triple m really can't be beaten for rock, they're my main 3, triple j sorta comes and goes (it's under new management what, every week?)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I think all radio stations are pretty shit these days...but JJJ is my fave station, by default.

B

Bambul

I'm going to talk about the golden days of radio. Back when Martin Molloy had Drive and Ugly Phil was on the Hot 30. He was sooooo much better than Kyle. Then again, a friend of mine used to tell me how the guy before Ugly Phil was soooooo much better than Ugly Phil, so it may just be me.

Anyways, I listen to News Radio 630AM. Go AM! ;p

crazyhobo

Basically I can't stand the radio anymore. I'm not sure if it's because the music they play is shit, or because I just don't like radio music anymore. But when I do listen, it's too JJJ. I don't like everything they play, but it's better than the other stations where I hate everything. Plus, Adam and Will are great. The only breakfast hosts that I don't want to strangle when I hear them. Actually there is another exception. I want to kill myself whenever I have to hear the 1041 crew laugh for 5 minutes at wendy's 'jokes'.

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
i listen to jjj... cos its the only decent station i get where i live.. adam and will are goddamn hilarious and mel and charlie in the afternoon are very funny too...
im not impressed with jjj music lately.. too much dance, not enuff alternative, which is wot they prided themselves on

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by Bambul
Back when Martin Molloy had Drive and Ugly Phil was on the Hot 30. He was sooooo much better than Kyle.
i agree? what happened to ugly phil ? he was good.. kyle is crap-o..
i listen to:
96.9 and
96.1 :)
rove on sats rat on too much sometimes..

umm sunday nights .. the american top 40 is good :D

Fry

Originally posted by coroneos
well?
do you mean factually or in peoples' opinions? factually, its 2Day FM and IMO, 2Day FM. i only listen to the hot30

dudditz

Retired Member
HSC
In Sydney, Nova969. Nobody beats Merrick & Rosso, NO ONE!

Yes Ugly phil is now on MMM, he went from 2day, to nova, to mmm. Phil O'neil = Ugly Phil.
He got sacked off Austereo, which is why he no longer is on hot30, moved to the UK, Nova offered him work when they started in April, 2001. He wanted a more talk-based show, Nova said no, MMM offered it (quite weird considering MMM is also Austereo), so now there he is.

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
2Day FM is best
They're always either top or close to top every year in the ratings
I think they're the richest station but maybe its because they have a lot of ads.

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
merrick and rosses ruled on JJJ.. but i dont get nova.. so i cant hear them..
do they still have tightass tuesday? or did that go when they left JJJ

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by crazyhobo
Basically I can't stand the radio anymore. I'm not sure if it's because the music they play is shit, or because I just don't like radio music anymore. But when I do listen, it's too JJJ. I don't like everything they play, but it's better than the other stations where I hate everything. Plus, Adam and Will are great. The only breakfast hosts that I don't want to strangle when I hear them. Actually there is another exception. I want to kill myself whenever I have to hear the 1041 crew laugh for 5 minutes at wendy's 'jokes'.
ditto i luv the jjj's. i fucken hate commercial radio esp at brekkie time. go adam and wil

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)