What Residences and Why? (1 Viewer)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Im headed off the Johns by the sounds of it! I chose it cos it looked the nicest on the outside when I went down there (didn't get to go in), and also its a real allrounder college.

Alexander

Gold Member
I cant decide. Something like B&G is around 100/week, while something like Bruce is around 170/week and gives meals.
Would anyone say that 70/week is a good estimate for the whole hastle of getting food etc.?

2003HSC

Originally posted by Alexander
I cant decide. Something like B&G is around 100/week, while something like Bruce is around 170/week and gives meals.
Would anyone say that 70/week is a good estimate for the whole hastle of getting food etc.?
shit, i didnt know you were going to ANU

Ribbon

unless you eat heaps, $70 a week is way more than you would spend on food. $70 is probably nearly enough to cover a fortnights worth of food. Of course, it all depends on what price you put on not having to cook it yourself... I have heard though that is most catered colledges (regardless of uni) the food is pretty crap and you end up buying most of your own food anyway... I have no idea how that relates to the colleges at anu though...

Alexander

Gold Member
lol.... Yeah.
I wonder if you have to sit in a huge hall with everyone like a US school, man id hate that

dissident

im going to fenner hall. i wanted one where i had to get/make my own meals... and the b&g website wasnt loading :p i dont really mind that it's not on the uni campus itself
i still dont believe i got in since my academic referee forgot to send in his reference. it must have been slim pickings for fenner this year :p

Ribbon

At st andrews colledge at usyd they sit in a big old hall to have dinner... it so reminded me of hogwarts in the harry potter movie... I dunno, it was kindof cool though... like a good way to make new friends or whatever?

cheesegrater

Overlord of the universe
W00t just got offered a spot at burgmann, so relieved booked into that AIHS place today then at like 8pm saved my the burgmanites :D shame its so dam expensive but im going to go well into debt :(

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
Originally posted by Ribbon
At st andrews colledge at usyd they sit in a big old hall to have dinner... it so reminded me of hogwarts in the harry potter movie... I dunno, it was kindof cool though... like a good way to make new friends or whatever?
At bruce we have to wear out accadmeic gowns (the black robes you wear when you graduate) to dinner every wednesday night for high table dinners. With all the people sitting in the hall in the black robes, you just need to throw in some owls in brittich accents and we could be extras for the nect harry potter movie (cept maybe the hight, i guess...)

peut-etre

Are you serious? You have to wear academic gowns every week? Do you know if any other colleges, ie. Johns, follows suit?

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
nooooo we dont... we only have em a couple of times a semester dont we?? if we wore them every wednesday we'd get em dirty from all the bad eating habits and stuff and have to clean them all the time..

Ribbon

wow smegger I thought you were being sarcastic until I read the next two posts.... lol... what is the point in wearing your academic gowns to dinner once a week?

Ribbon

wow smegger I thought you were being sarcastic until I read the next two posts.... lol... that is kindof stupid/pointless that they make you wear your academic gowns once a week! and who owns an academic gown anyway :rolleyes:

my share accomodation is starting to sound mighty good :)

Last edited:

Ziff

HSC
N/A
You're complaining about wearing gowns? Bally hell! That would be awesome! There's nothing better than sitting around going "I'm better than 99% of the population, ahh bliss" the gown just adds to the effect :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)