What should I do? *IMPORTANT* (1 Viewer)

darkmiracles

HSC
Hi, I did my HSC this year & I received a very bad UAI.
I did not put in enough effort & barely studied for an hour a day.
My UAI is enough to get me into Bachelor of Communication (Visual Communications) but it's way too far from where I live & my dad is assuming it's a bad uni *rolls eyes*.
So I was just wondering if it would be better for me to do the HSC again at TAFE or what? Also, I really want to drop Industrial Technology & pick up another subject, is that possible?
Thanks.

pink668

HSC
i read posts on bos regarding repeating hsc at tafe. search for them cos they give pretty good advice. if you want to drop industrial technology and pick up another at tafe, you can do both the prelim and hsc work in just one year, but some say you might burn out... read up on the info on tafe...
and good luck in whatever you choose to do!

LilSnowFlake

HSC
Check to see if you can do a pathways type thing to get into your course. Its where they take you on for a few subjects and see if they want to take you on full time. I'm not too sure how it works, i'm sure its more complicated then that.

My school offered something where you could repeat the subjects your bummed out in and keep the ones you went well in, so check that out!

Um, look at some tafe courses. They often have similar stuff to uni.

Its probably not best to try the HSC again, as i'm sure the reason that hindered you performing will be present again and may waste your time. Though, my friend repeated and she's at uni now.

Best advice is to go see a supervisor at your school. They will know what options are available for you.

Your in a tough situation and i'm sure its emotionally draining. Just sit down and write up your options and the pros and cons of each.

Best of luck and Have an awsome christmas

Last edited:

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
LilSnowFlake said:
My school offered something where you could repeat the subjects your bummed out in and keep the ones you went well in, so check that out!
Its called Pathways and you can accumilate a HSC over up to 5 years. :p

I'd say just look into all of your options, repeating some HSC subjects at TAFE could be an option but if you found it hard to study this year I'd say that you'd have even more trouble next year, coming from someone who did Pathways it really isn't easy to keep motivated. You could find yourself in a worse off, because if you go worse next year those are the marks and UAI you're stuck with.

Just make sure you research all your options into your course before you make a decision. Good luck! :)

thenothing

no member
HSC
Yeah, I did Pathways too, and found towards the end it was just too long.

In saying that though, I was so hopeless at maths that I didn't have much of a choice, my UAI would have been too low if maths counted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)