What should I do? (2 Viewers)

Peking Duck

HSC
I'm doing my HSC this year and im going really well but I dont have the motivation anymore, never really did, but I want to drop out. What should I do?

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Anthony Robbins' 4 daily thoughts

1) Think of the future
2) Think of what it'll take to get there
3) Question how happy you'll be with either choice
4) Stick by your decision and never regret it.
__

That's all I can really say.

-Swifty-

B.Sc B.A usyd
HSC
dude u got like 2 terms.... ur so close to the end that u mose will finish =)

Cab31

HSC
Oh yeah - i think everyone goes through that. Seriously from the time you go back in 3rd term to when you do your HSC is like so fast its not funny. Most of it is taken up by trials and running around like psycho's trying to finish the courses! If you can't find motivation perhaps you should sit down and think about what you REALLY want to acheive in the HSC/UAI. Then write down HOW you are going to acheive those goals. Dont worry about working REALLY hard now, because you will get to near the end and you will literally not even be able to look at a book.
The most important thing about this term is getting through all the assessments (they pile them on in term two). Dont worry about study too much - unless u have a test. Get those assignments done properly and try to get as much as you can done in class so that the time spent outside class is short and sweet. Read over some notes outside class time or try and learn things a bit at a time. DONT CRAM NOW - there is no point and you will want to quit even more. If you start to slowely build up to trials from here, when you are actually revising for your HSC you will know it all anyway and you wont feel as much pressure in those three weeks leading up to it.
Realise that you arent alone. Everybody will want to give up at some stage - its human nature. Think of yourself like you are an athlete training for a big competition. You have little minor competitions along the way (minor - yet still important - these are your assessment tasks) then you have two big competitions - trials and your HSC. The hardest time for an athlete isnt when they are racing or competing - its when they are doing the work behind the scenes. I hope that analagy helped :)
Just get through each week and before you know it, its all over and you can enjoy a break! And you can know that you couldnt have done anything more to acheive any better!
Good Luck and dont give up!

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Peking Duck said:
I'm doing my HSC this year and im going really well but I dont have the motivation anymore, never really did, but I want to drop out. What should I do?
Give yourself an incentive to get you motivated again. Few students are intrinsically motivated and it's normal. Set yourself a reward to work towards by the end of the HSC. If you've done well so far, then some sort of driving force must have motivated you to achieve what you have until now - if it was there before, it's still there now.

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
Peking Duck said:
Think about people who AREN'T going really well and how lacking in motivation they must be. You're being irrational.

s0k0y0e0

HSC
Peking Duck said:
This is the time of year that LOTS of people start to loose motivation! It's also the time of year, that you need to get your priorities right and get your head together! :uhhuh:

It's a bloody hard decision, but this is quite a good time to start thinking whether you would like to keep going or maybe rethink your place at school or in the HSC course! Just remember though; you can drop out at ANY time! :uhhuh:

So you could keep going at school for a bit longer and see how you go; you never know, your motivation might pick up! If not; and you still think you would like to drop out; then make the decision and do it!

Whatever you choose; good luck with it!

And good luck to everyone! I know you're ALL my competition, but I wish you all the best in your final year at school! :)

Peking Duck

HSC
I guess so. The marks I have obtained for my subjects at the moment are rather high, but im just sick of the fukin HSC. I WANT OUT. Im only really interrested with chicks, and all I do is do heaps of shit with them. Thats all I seem to do, I need to REALLY motivate myself.

Pace_T

HSC
what u chose to do in the next 6 months will choose what u do for the many following years to come.

*note: may not be true, it's just motivation* :p

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Peking Duck said:
I need to b CONSTANTLY motivated. Girls seem to give me temporary "bursts" of motivation.
or temporary bursts of erection
hang tough... its almost over

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
Peking Duck said:
I need to b CONSTANTLY motivated. Girls seem to give me temporary "bursts" of motivation.
Hmmm. Well each to his own... I guess. But thats a little strange, wouldn't they just be a distraction rather than anything else? Maybe you should become a study freak/hermit for the rest of the year and see how that goes for you. Actually it's what i'm seriously considering myself...

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
miaomiao said:
Hmmm. Well each to his own... I guess. But thats a little strange, wouldn't they just be a distraction rather than anything else? Maybe you should become a study freak/hermit for the rest of the year and see how that goes for you. Actually it's what i'm seriously considering myself...

maybe we should make a pact of hermitage and support eachother in our mission to overwork ourselves and avoid socializing.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I have to say im not suffering from a lack of motivation I'm more suffering from a lack of things to do. I understand all my course work up to this point, have done most of the assesments that i have coming up in the next 5 weeks. I don't think it is that the HSC is stress that annoys me its just that it is boring.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Give yourself an incentive to get you motivated again. Few students are intrinsically motivated and it's normal.
Common does not mean normal, nor do common or normal mean healthy.

The HSC will be far more rewarding if your motivation is intrinsic.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Slide Rule said:
Common does not mean normal, nor do common or normal mean healthy.

The HSC will be far more rewarding if your motivation is intrinsic.
Good point.
But then the term "normal" and what constitues being "normal" can be debated...though let's not go into that :p
That said, intrinsic motivation appears to be lacking in a vast majority of students.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)