• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What should I doo??????? (1 Viewer)

Tez

hey all...

Im wondering whether I should do 4U english to bring up my units to 13.

atm I am doing 4U maths, 3U english, 3U japanese and physics.

Ive already completed 3U japanese in year 11....

Is it worth all the trouble to do 4U english????

HSC
English Extension 2 is good idea because if you work hard and focus during first term where you aren't having too many important assessments, you can do your major work then, have an extra unit under your belt and not have to worry about an exam.

But if you aren't 'especially' good at English it may be not a good idea since the quality required to get a good mark is very high.

cheeky_panda

HSC
I dont see the need to do 13 units- but remember it is entirely up to you. Not doin 4 unit english will give u a hell lot of more time to focus on your other subjects because it is so much work, especially to pick up now. Your UAI already, providing you perform well has an excellent chance of being super high because of the scaling in you subjects. You probably dont want to put too much more stress on youself.

I have to say that i love ext 2 english it is challenging but very very rewarding and fun (personally - i know many that would argue this). Only do it if you are confident and get good marks in english.

Good luck!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I wouldn't bother. Focus more on your other units and you will do better in them.... you are doing very high scaling subjects as it is, so just work hard on them. Also it's a bit late to start now, most people have already thought up their ideas and stuff... you would have a lot of thinking to catch up on.

Then again, if you really really really want to do ee2, then go ahead. But don't do it just to have 13 units...

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Unless you're planning to get a very high scoring mark or you are terribly concerned about your other units, I would see it as a waste of your time.. it does take up a LOT of your time.

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
I think that as a subject, English extension two is something people do for the joy of it, not so much for the marks you MAY or MAY NOT get.
And it is alot of work, i dont sugest picking it up unless you enjoy the creation of a work that will take up much of your time and devotion.
Since you dont need to pick it up, why would you do it?
Only if you enjoy it would be the answer. (i feel.)

mayhemily

HSC
If you pick it up, three of your units wont even be counted... if you werent keen enough to do it from the start its pretty pointless I think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)