• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What should you wear to a CLC interview? (1 Viewer)

DennyCrane

HSC
Hey guys, i got an interview at a community law centre, and i have uni on the same day, would it be alright to just wear casual uni clothes? Its not really a gfullk on interview, its just to figure out when i'm available to volunteer and to 'discuss my application.' Or would i have to wear business attire? The place seems really friendly and casual though.

Thanks guys.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Wear business attire, minus the jacket. You can also most likely get away with not wearing a tie also, it's a matter of personal preference.

When I worked at a CLC I wore nice jeans and a collared shirt every day - I figure it's just nice to be a little more dressy when you first meet them, but it is by no means required. If you wear a full suit they'll think you're a pretentious tosser.

MichaelJackson2

Moonwalker
HSC
when i worked at a clc everyone wore casual attire and so one day i decided to rock up in denim shorts, t-shirt, and beach thongs - it's not like the clients on the phone could see me!

DennyCrane

HSC
Hey guys, thanks for replying. Thanks Hfis. Yeah i rocked up in casual uni clothes the lady didn't really care. What CLC do you guys work at?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)