• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What the Frobability (1 Viewer)

taeyang

HSC
Here is the problem:

I am absolutely horrific at probability. Do you all remember when we use to get given them in the basic skills? yeh I could never get them right, I have no idea how they work, and even now, what, some 7 years later I am in the same spot, it's like my mind has just ignored that walk of life completely.

You are all most probably thinking I am just horrific at Mathematics, while I'm not considering myself good by any means, my rank is 1/10 averaging 94%

But this is just ridiculous, how can I be this bad? I just sit there looking at the question and my mind just goes into overdrive trying to understand the question, and these aren't even Perms or Combinations! These are just your average, "there were x discs in a bad, y were green and z were red, what are the chances that...."

Can anyone PLEASE give me advice on how to solve any type, I am just lost. ^___^

Alkanes

HSC
Hmmm probability is not going good for you because you don't even know how to spell it. My two cents.

But to answer your question. It takes practice, do the questions practice. When i encountered perms and combs for the first time i didn't get jack shit but through doing the question i understand the topic a lot more than i did before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)