What The Hell Was That?!?!?!?!?! (1 Viewer)

perpetuate

Chows down food
HSC
Rah. I didn't like the paper one bit. Missed quite a lot of marks - probably 30-ish missed? There goes my spare unit out the window...

Artemis.

HSC
perpetuate said:
Rah. I didn't like the paper one bit. Missed quite a lot of marks - probably 30-ish missed? There goes my spare unit out the window...
Yep same here, glad I have 11 units. Except I'm going to have to study extra hard for chem now cos both units will be counting.

sweir

HSC
finally normal people. who dont get cut when they get 79/84...

yeww...

firstly the test was so NOT harder than the 4 unit one.

i thought it was alright, pretty good questions... except one thing, ran out of time and didnt do question 7 thats 12 marks gone so cut! plus all the others....

well if everyone went bad, except for the crazy "i expect 100%" people then we should all be alright in the end...

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
hon1hon2hon3 said:
Hello to the Holly above, You wanted to acturial studies yeah ? Same here, but now my hope is sorta gone, because i didnt went as well as i thought i would . . fuk , i estimated that i will only get 55 - 65 / 84 , probably about 60. Fuking shit, i was expecting an E4 from both 3 and 4 unit.
yeah that dream is pretty much demolished. will settle for accounting now. :(

Xpl0siv3

HSC
Yeh tht was bs
I got like 80% in 3u 2007 past paper and similar in 06 .
Then this one.... fkin all weird qns where u had to think heaps.
Less than 50% for me

blabla91

HSC
this paper was just mean... it started getting hard after like question 3!!!
i marked my paper online and im looking at about 80% .. what do you think that will scale to?

patv

HSC
lol im going to do actuary as well. the exam was alright, but many of the 3U kids were complaining. yeah i screwed up, like the inverse function. i used the wrong domain, but hopefully i get full marks for the next parts for "carry on errors". who agrees? 4U was a pain in the ass, i didnt read the questions properly, i think its cos hardly any study
for 3U, did four past papers yday, and 4U did 4 past papers in a span of 3 days, and thats all my study for maths. haha. but still...i need around 95 uai for actuary, argh.

hon1hon2hon3

HSC
TO above patv:

Supricingly i reckon i did better in 4 unit then 3 unit. . . holy shit lol, both aiming for about 60% lol . . . 95 is still achievable for me i reckon, but that i need to get 90+ for both physics and chemistry. Which is a NO NO. I guess i will lock myself in the room and study like theres no tommorow.

Which to see both patv and holly and myself being in the acturial course :D GOOD LUCK GUYS. ALL THE BEST

patv

HSC
hon1hon2hon3 said:
TO above patv:

Supricingly i reckon i did better in 4 unit then 3 unit. . . holy shit lol, both aiming for about 60% lol . . . 95 is still achievable for me i reckon, but that i need to get 90+ for both physics and chemistry. Which is a NO NO. I guess i will lock myself in the room and study like theres no tommorow.

Which to see both patv and holly and myself being in the acturial course :D GOOD LUCK GUYS. ALL THE BEST
so yeah good luck to you too, and everyone else. lol i think we both do same subjects. btw, what school you go to, and also you holly? where you guys planning to do actuarial studies? i applied to macquarie, since its easiest for me to get to, haha. i dunhno which uni is the best though for this, so yeah...

4unitfreak

HSC
Artemis. said:
Yep same here, glad I have 11 units. Except I'm going to have to study extra hard for chem now cos both units will be counting.
That's my situation too :burn: I was relying on 3U because my Chem marks have been pretty bad throughout the year, and my final rank isn't very good either.
I think I can scrape a 50% in the 3U... maybe. If I'm lucky.

hon1hon2hon3

HSC
To patv:

I go to Model Farms High School , you might not have heard about it. Its in Baulkham Hills. . . But our school rank like 250 lol . . .

I applied for macquaires too, but there are too many acturial course, still think of which one is the best ? Double degree with accounting or applied finance or law ? lol Or just Acturial studies.

I would be glad if i can get into any of them.

H

hilaryv

i'm so glad that I'm not alone here. seriously, i wasn't expecting to go very well, but we had people who usually do well crying.......seriously. I know that for some people the paper was fine, but i think for the majority of us, that paper wasn't even funny. (except for manic giggling)

oh well......... at least it's done. and watching my friend find a D&T teacher who let her destroy her paper rather thoroughly, with an number of hack saws, craft knives, paint and clamps, was rather gratifying.

patv

HSC
hon1hon2hon3 said:
To patv:

I go to Model Farms High School , you might not have heard about it. Its in Baulkham Hills. . . But our school rank like 250 lol . . .

I applied for macquaires too, but there are too many acturial course, still think of which one is the best ? Double degree with accounting or applied finance or law ? lol Or just Acturial studies.

I would be glad if i can get into any of them.
yeah of course ive heard of it, i go to oakhill, lol. i used to catch a bus from towers to school in morn, busno.604, and it went to model farms. ahh i did lots of actuary coursed too,, my first preference i think was actuarial and economics or something like that, i also did actuary and science, but i du nno if that was from maq. im pretty confident ill get it though, cos the 3U was alright, just really simple mistakes, like forgetting to switch to degrees for 3d trig. lol. i came 1st in 3U and 2nd in 4U, so yeah...but theres still chem and physics to go, so i cant be too sure that ill get the 95 i need.

banj0

HSC
I think it is the hardest 3unit paper I have ever done. I worked out that I failed it and I actually came 3rd in my class and was expecting to get much better than my trial mark which was around 75%.

I was severely disappointed with the paper, it was unreasonable. I have 4unit friends who used 4unit methods for question 1 for goodness sakes!! And to make my point even clearer, the 2nd last part of question 1 was the EXACT same question from 2005 paper. Check it out. Except in that paper it was question 4, not question 1!!! Just shows you how screwed we were this year.

leisl1990

HSC
q7 e,especially the first few marks,i will say its relatively easy, must better than 03 n 04s'
overall i think the paper is moderate in difficulty comparing with those ones in the early 2000s.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)