• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What the hell? (1 Viewer)

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
I assumed with King Lear that the examiners could ask anything so you basically had to know everything about the play... But every time I write a practice essay my teacher tells me I'm writing about the wrong things... how are we meant to know to write about context if the examiners don't ask us to? Anyway she said that no matter what the question, we have to write using the King Lear rubric, but I don't know what it is. Anyone have a generic structure I can use to fit an essay/speech/conversation/article/etc?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
There are a large amount of assumed questions in each Lear HSC question - essentially every question they ask mentions in "invisible writing", as my teacher would put it, things like context, readings and productions. I also would advise against just using a generic structure especially across different mediums. If you want to see some sample essays there are some attached to the responding posts in the FAQ thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)