• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What to do if i didnt get into my course.. (1 Viewer)

jap_spec180

HSC
Hi, I'm a HSC 2005 Graduate and I received a UAI where I wasnt able to get into Mechatronics Engineering.
I am very confused atm and I need a bit of help.
Right now, I feel like repeating the HSC...but my friends are persuading me not to. They say that I shouldnt go backwards.
So right now im considering to go to Tafe and doing an Advanced Accounting Diploma, then after 2 years I transfer into UNI.

I like Accounting as well as Mechatronics, but I dont really know which is better to choose for my career. I mean their completely 2 different courses. But I like each equally in different ways. I've heard from some people say that Mechatronics doesnt have that much job opportunities compared to Accounting...but how do i know thats the facts...I need more more information about it.

So yeah..based on the info ive just given you, try to give me some of your opinions, scenarios or even recomendations on what I should do.

Thanks alot for reading...

Cheers

Tuna

HSC
N/A
Depends how badly you would like to do a course. If you repeat the HSC you have more chances of getting in. I've heard cases of people wanting(and they did) to repeat the HSC with very high uai. By repeating you know all the stuff you've learnt.

Mechatronics is a growing industry. Once you have completed a degree you can work overseas in high-tech countries. Your choice.

It does take you 2 years to complete a Diploma. If you repeat the HSC for two years the chances of getting a uai of 85+ is very very high. Repeat the subjects that you did badly and throw away all the Vet subjects at Tafe. Get 10 units of board developed courses.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
the only thing i can say is that i got into Bachelor of Business (accounting) at UWS and i can't wait. ive heard that the career prospects for accounting are high

Best of luck for whatever path life leads you!!! :D

W

whsmith

You can do a diploma, or re-do your HSC [Tip here: Do at TAFE - You get bad Vibes if you back to your old school].

I Got an UAI of 63.5 . I didn't want to go to uni. I could have gotten HEAPS higher. [yeah, yeah you've all heard this story].

I went to study a Diploma in Property as it interested me, but i eventually decided i wanted to complete a University Qualification [Doh! - thought]. So i studied Approx 80% of my Subjects Distinctions [No High distinction in this course], and the rest mainly credits. I applied for The B Property Economics This year, which is UAI 85 approx, and i'm in!

There are many ways to get into the course you want, just keep at it.

You'll be more motivated than ever.

Will S

p.s: Plus, if you do a related diploma - You'll get alot of excemptions! And the Course time will all even out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)