• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What to do? undecidable with my course (1 Viewer)

_deloso

HSC
is it better to do chem eng in unsw or do mech eng in uts with the 1 year internship. I really like phys chem and maths though. I don't mind what course I get in to. just the quality of uni I guess and perhaps the job demands for future years is what I'm worried about

Gigacube

HSC
Both unis are good & if you want to be able to get a job after uni then you're better off going to UTS & doing the one year internship as it will give you the skills you need & provide you with experience in the industry. The open days are coming up soon so it might be a good idea to go to both UTS & UNSW & talk to some students & teachers there.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Both unis are good & if you want to be able to get a job after uni then you're better off going to UTS & doing the one year internship as it will give you the skills you need & provide you with experience in the industry. The open days are coming up soon so it might be a good idea to go to both UTS & UNSW & talk to some students & teachers there.
Errr there is no difference with the 5 year degree at UTS seeing as UNSW is 4 years, that extra year can be placed into graduate employment.

It doesn't matter anyways, you NEED 60 days industrial training before you can officially graduate. Hence, doing the 60 days will provide enough experience for employers to employ you.

Pick the uni you want based on travel time, campus feel etc. etc. because in the end, your enjoyment > 'this uni iz btr'

_deloso

HSC
thanks guys. appreciate it. based on travel, Uts for me but campus feel... yet to find out after the open days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)