What to keep/throw? (3 Viewers)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
hey guys

i'm doing my after year 11 exams clean out

i'm not sure what things i'll need to keep for next year what things i won't.

for english adv:
-can i throw out the stuff on this year's AoS?

english ext:
- seeing as we only did one module thing throughout the year (postcolonialism) will i need it for next year at all?

modern history
-not sure about this one, becoz the "causes of WW1" overlaps with WW1, but the rest - like case study on Indochina, and stuff on the individual personality...any use keeping it?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Well I haven't used any of my preliminary books since preliminary. However I have them boxed way if needed (plus because my mum refused to let me throw it out) so that is probably the best option. Then it can all go following HSC year.

As for modern, again I haven't looked at those books since so individual choice.

vizman

HSC
i reckon just hold on to all of it, it could be relevant next year. anyway you can have a massive clean-out after yr 12 :D

cupcake08

HSC
yeah i agree, keep everything... there have been so many times when i wish i had kept something from another year but threw it out cause i thought i wouldn't need it.

and as for burning notes, one piece of advice...dont use a plastic container!!!! lol not my finest moment

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
lol @ cupcake08.

yeh, as everyone said, keep ur prelim stuff because theoretically the HSC exams can have up to i think its 30% of examinable Preliminary Content. Better be safe than sorry.

then yeh, just look forward to having more junk at the end of year 12 to burn. lol

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Got all my books since year 4 or whatever. I have this Spy book me and my kids made back in the day. It's awesome.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
wm abusef said:
yeh, as everyone said, keep ur prelim stuff because theoretically the HSC exams can have up to i think its 30% of examinable Preliminary Content. Better be safe than sorry.
I believe that is only true for the general, 2 unit and extension 1 maths courses, but it may be for other subjects, I do not know that.
vizman said:
we still on for that massive bonfire post-hsc soul? :D
Definately :uhhuh:

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
wm_abusef said:
lol @ cupcake08.

then yeh, just look forward to having more junk at the end of year 12 to burn. lol
Isn't it just for 2 and 3u maths...

i know that for physics, chem, religion and english you only do the HSC content. Maths is different since it builds upon prelim, to do HSC maths you'd need to know the basics which are taught in prelim :D

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
stand corrected. thanks. :)

yeh, Without Wings is totally correct, "But a lot of the content in the HSC courses for other subjects does build on the preliminary content so you may sometimes find referring to your preliminary notes will assist in building background knowledge." It's always good to show off that background knowledge in exams if it relates to the question. It'll give your work a more complete "buzz".

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
An adverb is a verb that ends in -ly, gives more info about a verb, adjective etc etc, an imperative is like a command i.e. Go to bed now.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
f3nr15 said:
OK, what is an:

Adverb-
Imperative-
That actually sounds like something I gotta remember to include in my French speaking exam :eek:

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Can you watch French movies without subtitles? That'd be awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)