What U like about ur uni (1 Viewer)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
I go to USyd, partly because of its prestige, and partly because it was the only university which offered Pharmacy and was at the same time reasonably close to my house.

I've only been there for one week, and I suppose it's quite easy to navigate, and the food isn't overpriced. I can't really think of anything else yet.

The weather's ruining it all for me. If it wasn't so hot maybe I'd actually enjoy going to uni.

santaslayer

HSC
I went to UoW because of its excellent teaching qualities, it's massive reputation in ALL it's available courses, the good looking girls, the fine architectural structures (esp the grand law building), it's awesome facilities, it's fine wineing and dineing outlets, it's wide variety of sporting, cultural and social activites, it's free contraceptives, it's friendly students, knowledgable staff, it's wide aluminium and the general vibe of the sexy place just to name a few...

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
What I like about UWS
- So close to me, both campuses 20 min drive from my house
- Cheap yearly parking $50
- Has the exact course I want
- Nice people
- new facilties (it being a new uni)
- Scholarship
- Atmosphere
- Good teaching
- Got grads in good places
- friendly uai cutoff
- gave me the oppertunity to study what I want :uhhuh:

Dislikes
- Class sizes
- having to go to two campuses
- percieved bad rep
- admin probs

X

xeuyrawp

Macquarie:

- By default, really -- it's the only uni that has a proper Egyptology stream on the east-coast of Aus. :S
- I got a scholarship, I'm not sure whether I would have gotten one for USyd law,
- The campus is awesome. The buildings freak me out, but the huge rolling hills make up for it.
- The people are real, those that do law are not some group of spoiled north-shore rich fucker that I've encountered elsewhere. I think the fact that the UAI is lower, the fact that transfer is possible, etc, invites a different group of people.
- The mature age students are a lot of fun. Having their experiences in the knowledge pool really adds a lot.
- The flexibility of degrees, of time tables, etc.
- The E-factor: ilectures, online forums, having books online, etc makes life a lot easier

Bad:
- The ugly buildings and rooms.
- The Asians that step out infront of your car, that push past you, and can't read 'Walk on the LEFT side of the steps'.
- The lack of parking.
- The disorganisation of everybody but the Modern History department (modern historians are anal...)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
UOW....
1. Easy to get to - No traffic, never need to catch the train, closest uni to where I live
2. Has the course I wanted to do

I don't like the other uni's mainly because they are the opposite of number 1. I would have to catch an unreliable train or drive in traffic, both of which would double my current travel time and make me tired and annoyed.

Pierotte

HSC
UNSW

*Blissful sigh*

Like it so so SO much.

-Atmosphere, really layed back, relaxed, heaps going on.
-Course (archi)
-The fact that its 15 mins out of the city, so its close, but not in the thick of it
-Beach is 10 mins away
-Heaps of grass
-Takes care of students, easy to contact teachers and Deans.

Dislikes:
-Air con in Webster building wasnt working last lecture
-STAIRS!! Oh so many fucking stairs!
-Asian snobs. Nothing against asian people, but i HATE asian people who hate me for the sole fact that im not asian. I don thave time for that elitist crap.

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
go sydney!
yeah i'm doing animal and veterinary bioscience at sydney.
I really like th uni, the fact that it's big, and has facilitites, and its prestige. Nice and unfobby, and lots of greenery.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
The sandstone. definately. (No not really, i'd like to see some more modern buildings)

....facilities, atmosphere etc. Not to mention 1/4 of my school grade are now at usyd.

Last edited:

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Usyd.

I can fall asleep on the front lawn
it's closer to where I live than unsw
near broadway, chinatown and newtown
nibbling double chocky muffins and hot choc in HSTY lectures
fisher library aircon...hrmmm

Dislikes:
lack of aircon on thursday PHIL1011 lectures in Carslaw
morning chem lectures on an empty stomach
camperdown campus is too overcrowded, carslaw too
having to elbow my way onto the redfern security bus, then squatting 10min in 35 degree heat because the damn vehicles' full

SweetSeasons

HSC
I'm at ACU strathfield

I love the people, the lecturers, the work..

The only thing I don't like is that I have to do computers as my minor.. the fact they use a bell curve and the fact that it takes me 2 hours to get there n back

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Another UOW-er here

-Fantastic, helpful and well-respected academic staff
-Ease of admin procedures....theres a form for everything. Whatever you want to do you grab a form and fill it out and its usually done within the week.
-The landscaped campus; manicured lawns, countless water features and ponds, beautiful gardens and unimposing buildings
-The buildings themselves, all (except for the arts faculty) relatively new and in great condition, and over summer some got a massive refurb with shiny new carpet and lecture theatres
-The cool law building with that cool garden thing on the inside and all the classrooms having windows facing into it (hard to picture unless you've actually been in there hehe)

Dislikes:
-The travel, although Im starting to get used to it and appreciating thats its quite a relaxed drive compared to driving into the city
-Some of the third year law students who still act like they're in year 10
-The unibar mentality....its like a place of worship for a majority of students and I wish they'd get over it!
-Dealing with some of the Wollongong westies. Its mostly shire kids or Wollongong kids who go there and I find the Wollongong kids to be a bit too country bumpkin

wanton-wonton

HSC
UNSW is great / > other unis. (Shut up)

Why?

At UNSW, you know where you're going. You look towards the main walkway and you can almost see your future. You have a sense of direction, a vision, a goal, an ambition.

Any other uni doesn't have the same effect. While you're there, you ask yourself 'What the fuck am I doing here? Where am I going? Do I have a purpose here?' Being in UNSW answers all these questions.

That's right.

Not much dislikes...the food can be pretty shit.

darkroomgirl

HSC
I'm currently loving USyd. The surrounding are beautiful (I know I'll probably be sick of the sandstone buildings by the time I graduate, but right now I'm loving them), the arts department is awesome, the lectures are interesting, the people are nice (well the ones I've met are quite nice), and the culture is really cool - at the moment, I'm really fascinated by those students in academic gowns carrying bricks. The Library is great... as someone mentioned, it's a great way to cool down. Oh, and to study.

What I don't like is the fact that it's so huuuuge. Walking in the summer heat makes a 10-minute stroll seem like an eternity!!!

iamsickofyear12

HSC
MiuMiu said:
-The unibar mentality....its like a place of worship for a majority of students and I wish they'd get over it!
It's not just the students. Lecturers are tutors are always going on about it aswell. It's like they expect us to run off to the unibar as soon as the lecture/tutorial is over, turn up drunk or with a hangover, or immediately go drink with group project members who we just met 2 minutes ago.

wanton-wonton

HSC
brogan77 said:
- holding hands
- sunsets
- the electricity in the air just before a thunderstorm
- the smell of rain
You forgot candle lit dinners.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Yay
- hot arts boys
- the naked lady
- the staff. I've yet to have a teacher who hasn't been awesome, friendly and entirely approachable.
- the stop-motion studio. teehee.
- It's not UWS

Nay
- students who can't speak engrish
- the stairs. Oh god, the stairs.
- eastern suburbs trendzoid wankers
- crowds. fekkin' crowds.
- the high school mentality still displayed by many of the retards in my course

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)