What was your GP about? (1 Viewer)

Kyroth***

HSC
Okay, I meant to do this earlier, but I forgot...

What was everyone's GP about? There's no longer any chance of stealing, so spill! I like hearing what everyone's is about! And what did it look like? What cool different thing did you do?

Mine was about invasion, people going out and conquering new land. We got that from The Case, would you believe! We had James (Cook), Alex(ander the Great) and Georgie (W Bush) all living together in a tiny circle we made with a bit of material. But it was too crowded, so we expanded. Our material had a mural on symbols of invasion on it, and we gradually realized that the land we took wasn't ours to take. So we tried to go back, but it didn't work. We left the audience with the question, this has happened, but we can't go back the way it was, so where do we go from here?

Go on, what was your's about?!? :D

angelar

sounds very moral, i like it. I know theres another thread bout this but i dont remmeber which one so ill just go again...

My GP was about the box lovers inc. - this group of diverse and crazy people who love all things square - and they're bid to fight the war on squarerism after being recruited to target various demographics and convert them to the way of the square! Has lots of puns regarding squares and boxes and stuff, and we parodied quite alot, like boy bands and foreign films and stuff...
the unique thing in ours was that we used 1m cubed lycra 'boxes' (with a solid frame) and we kept moving in them and creating shapes and things out of them throughout our piece, such as a 'squareway to heaven' and we were lucky enough to earn a nomination

anyway i went on for way too long just now~ what was everyone else's?

Last edited:

sarahlouiseir

HSC
oooo very very interesting

we did ours on labels...like how society slaps em on people we used a fruit metaphor...like cherry tomato..{confusion of identity} and we used circus and dance and we had a percussion section using our bodies and velcro labels...we were very proud of the result

supergirl

HSC
ours sounds lame but was actually pretty good.
we had five girls, and we were letters of the alphabet being controlled by "spellchecker". we were the letters S, T, E, A and B. we spelled all different words throughout and whenever we DIDNT spell a word, we were put in spellcheckers trance and forced to do whatever he wanted. the climax was us spelling BEAST and realising we could remove our letters and thus make him selfdestruct. there was a lot of physicality and voicework as well as hilarious computer geek jokes. overall i loved working on it and was so proud of the final piece :D

edit.

i forgot to mention the actual POINT of the piece. we started with a "worship" song and gradually got sick of spellcheckers antics, so at the end we symbolically dropped our letters and then left the audience with "well... what do we do now?" suggesting that perhaps no matter how oppressive a force is within our lives, we need it to properly explore life.

Last edited:

niteshade1312

HSC
Mine is too hard to explain but i'll give the gist of it.

- 4 women working in a sewing factory
- Originally based on the myths of Greek and Roman Goddesses
- Feminism, Feminism, Feminism...
- Trying to break the mould of 'The Glass Ceiling'- Women in the workforce
- All in Theatre of Absurd, alluing to Bald Prima Donna, Waiting for Godot and The Chairs and using Absurdist Techniques
- Had a progression of a 'Suit' (being a male figure and ties) being made, which was also shown by our development throughout the piece.

I was soo happy on teh day, we nailed it, but unforntunately no nominative which was a shame.. im hoping it was because we had about 20 chairs and mannequins hanging from the balcony of our theatre :S!

supergirl

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
supergirl that sounds really cool :D how do you think you went?
thankyou!
well i personally think as a group we went really well - probably a 10/10, but i am not as skilled as a couple of others in the group. one or two of them will get 30 and i think probably about a 27 for me, which i'm pretty darn happy with :]
the performance was one of our best ever, which was nice because a lot of other people said they comparitively sucked on the day.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
supergirl said:
thankyou!
well i personally think as a group we went really well - probably a 10/10, but i am not as skilled as a couple of others in the group. one or two of them will get 30 and i think probably about a 27 for me, which i'm pretty darn happy with :]
the performance was one of our best ever, which was nice because a lot of other people said they comparitively sucked on the day.
its not often that the spread of marks are that far apart. generally theyll give all the performers the same or near enough. for example, a group from my school had a performer who wasnt as skilled, and they all got 28 and the other girl got 27 so i shouldnt be too worried.

skp_grl

HSC
mine was about society and how fake all celebs are and the whole idea of bulimia and how it affects u but surprisingly it was really funny we took the piss out of famous people to expose how fake they are.
we had a pizza box,
a gym scene,
a starvation period,
an add,
a song about yes thats right laxatives
australian idol
gameshow
serious movement and word piece and
we all went crazy at the end screaming: mirror mirror on the wall whos the prettiest of us 4? and then went full crazy and put our lipstick all ova our face.

we performed really well on the day and everyone even the markers were in stiches which was excellent so we were very very pleased

esieff

We had a group of three lads (our entire drama class) and we all started off IN suitcases. Now for our little guy, this wasnt so tough, but im 6foot2....so it was a bit more of a challenge. Anyways, we're in our suitcases, on a plane, and when the business-man guy takes his "very important phone call" on his mobile, it screws up the plane and we crash-land in Penrith (complete with party-poppers firing out of our suitcases). So there we are, an up-himself business-man, a yobbo kid going on schoolies and a teenage runaway. So the whole journey is trying to get back to the airport and encountering all of Sydney's transportation problems along the way. We try and fail on buses, taxis, trains, the motorway, even the Lightrail cops a bagging. Throughout the journey we all come to realise that each of us are using travel to run away from our issues - so we end up the airport, and take the plane home. We close with a version of "I Still Call Australia Home" ("There's Nothing Like Going Back Home"). I'm just happy I never have to stuff myself into a suitcase ever again ;)

evviebaby

HSC
The Score

My group consisted of 5 girls and we did a peice called The Score which was essentially about footballers who rape women and get away with it. i think the most out there part of our peice was our rendition of the HAKA.. i dont kno how to spell it. if i remember correctly, how haka went:

Come bitches, come bitches
That’s what you’re for
Flat on your back
We’re here to score

Scream all you want
We will buy your silence
We didn’t rape you
It’s accidental violence

We’re rich and famous
We do what we please
Come bitches, come bitches
Get on your knees

the original lyrics we came up with were too offensive and we were made to chnage them. but our play was kinda fun, we were dumb footballers and bitchy girls and media pplz and feminists and NRL executives and rape victims...and we had purple bands and a really bad joke: what do a women and a 747 aeroplane have in common? they both have cockpits!! lol
i hope we all do well.

Kyroth***

HSC
angelar said:
your theatre?? you performed in a theatre...wow! lucky buggers!
We were in a theatre too, cos our teacher (for that matter, the school) is pretty closly connected to it (with us being the only highschool and it being the only ameteur theatre in 100km). It was really good, because it made it feel more exciting and professional, and there weren't people going past outside (except some idiot with a remote control car!) or bells or anything. And then we had to put the stage back for the play that was currently being performed there, which was a cafe, and we suddenly has this massive improvisation happening, and everyone had soap opera relationships with everyone else, and everyone kept singing the song my group made up for our performance, and it was just the best time!

Everyone's shows sound so good! It would be so good if there was a way we could see them all. Like On Stage, but not only for the best of the best, for whoever wants to get up there and show off why they had no life for 6 months!

niteshade1312

HSC
My school has a theatre and a really big space, so we were incredibly lucky to have the facilities. But at the same time, we have been so spoilt over the years that when we were reminded that it was basically lights up and down, it was very hard to re- adjust...Everyone's pieces sounds really fantastic!

Peartie

HSC
We have a soundproof room for Media Production which is where ours is..

Neway..ours was called "4 Nobel Men" and we were 4 people who won the Nobel Peace Prize last year through the creation of a universal alphabet....at a party one of our guys blurted to a reporter that wed found peace in the middle east then (this is where the play starts) we are thrown into a room and have 10mins to ind peace...which..through an interview of ther person who said wed found it (so we knew what was going on) and strange ideas fromthe rest of us eventually comes around and we get peace in the Middle East

well that was my peace... :p (ignore the pun)

HSC
ours was a pantomime satire - very funny but also quite stupid. i played a young boy called junior who is on an apprenticeship learning to become a hero.
and he had some trouble with his sexuality and thought he might have been gay :)

courtnez

Now, what I want is Facts
HSC
I was in Dani aka *caramel_adele*'s group - I played the Evil Narrator/Villain who wore red pyjamas and liked to spoil Harry Potter for everyone.

Oh the memories, hey Junior Junior?

dumfounded_me

HSC
Ours was all about stereotypes, conformity and individuality. We used lots of rhythm and body percussion, and each of the four tried to break away from the rhythm, and when each of us did the others uncovered our 'true colours' which were hidden under black patches of material held on by velcro.

I was the first to break away, i was a puppet, we did a cool mime thing, i broke my strings and broke away. Then the rhythm forced me into conformity again, although this time i had a bit of a difference. my colour.

Next we did one of those hand clap things we made up "red red blue, what colour are you, orange orange green, im the green that cant be seen, blue blue red im the colour that i said, green green orange... there is a rule we havent heard we can not rhyme this orange word." Then another breaks out of the conformity.

Then we did a mirror mime thing and each of them break out.

Then yeah we came out in a kinda dance rhythm thing, the point was to show we can all be ourselves and still work together as a group. then we started another body percussion this time each of us did something different to make one big rhythm and we all gave definitions of the issues of our play which were conformity truth individuality and barriers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)