• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

what would u say (1 Viewer)

HSC
what would u say is a good per week rental income for propery investment - say about a 350,000 dollar house.

would 285 bucks per week be a good income for you

around what would be good?

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Generally take the first 3 numbers as a starting rental fee. (Ie. $350) Though this does depend on area. Generally in city/coastal areas it is less than this whereas in suburban/expanding areas its normally only a little less. Check out prices in the area and always work your way done if your not getting much interest.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
absolution* said:
Generally take the first 3 numbers as a starting rental fee. (Ie. $350) Though this does depend on area. Generally in city/coastal areas it is less than this whereas in suburban/expanding areas its normally only a little less. Check out prices in the area and always work your way done if your not getting much interest.
Yeah ild have to agree with Absolution, u would look at the first three numbers, however with the market the way it is in some areas it might be lower. Also the more expensive houses, say like $1 Million, would be rented out for about $750 a week, not $1000 a week, it just seems to be that way

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Murf said:
hahahah

it very much depends on the area, you cant just blatently take the first three numbers, it depends on what the market averages are and what the market is prepared to pay...
Thats what i said fuckstick?

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Murf said:
hahahah

it very much depends on the area, you cant just blatently take the first three numbers, it depends on what the market averages are and what the market is prepared to pay...

and back to ur original question $350,000 with a $285 per week, no probably not a good choice if you were lookin at rental incomes, i can think of a few places at the moment where you can spend $230,000 and get at least $270 p/w back. also depends if you are prepared to buy out of the state, which is what we're doing at the moment, due to a few reasons.

Very much pull up some realestate sites, www.realestate.com.au www.domain.com.au and check out rental prices for the same br, bath etc locations then compare.

Murf
Generally however the taking of the first three numbers is quite accurate in this state, especially in the suburbs of sydney, except where the house values are quite high

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Its Greystanes mate. Theres no market there. Just a clump of dirt with foreigners and hillbillys living on it.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Murf said:
Im really not going to even respond to you absolution ur really not worth it..

And can i ask where he stated he was talking about "Sydney"?? - Korn???

Its a general guide to look at the market, not to pick three numbers, just some advise if you dont agree, then well good for you :)

Murf
Dude, i have family and friends that work in the building industry and real estate industry. So i know what im talking about, and i was only mentioning Sydney, cause thats the prices i know of

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Murf said:
DUDE! It wasent a go at you and Dude, Are you saying i dont know what im talking about lol that i dont have 'family and friends' also involved? Im involved a little bit more then u know, yet that dosent stop you from being quick to judge / enforce some level of superiority upon me, stop being fuckin rude. All i was doing is trying to help and give my opinion.

Murf
Shit man calm down i wasnt saying that u dont know what ur talking about, cause i can tell that u do, shit man, i was just saying that im not some ignorant bastard that just goes off the first three numbers, it just seems that it generally works out that way

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
what would u say is a good per week rental income for propery investment - say about a 350,000 dollar house.

would 285 bucks per week be a good income for you

around what would be good?
Its not really an income at all, that's about 4.25% p.a. and most mortgages are about 7.5%. Unless you were buying the house outright or at a low LVR.

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
Don't worry, after all it's not his fault.
Murf was born gay :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)