• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

what would you do? (1 Viewer)

HSC
if you were in my shoes, wanting to ultimately get into b social science.

would you do

A. B Community Welfare @ UWS bankstown

or

B. Non-Award study at Maquarie Uni

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
non-award study.......it'll definately get you to where you want to go faster and you'll be able to claim credit for completed units

mishka

HSC
N/A
community welfare. uws has a guaranteed internal course transfer scheme, and with community welfare being similar to social science, you might find subjects overlap and you may end up getting credit for them anyway. :uhhuh:

mishka

HSC
N/A
another thought... is the non-award at macquarie going to cost you?? because you could be in a hecs place deferring this year, which would most likely (depending on how you go) get you into social science. so it might be more convenient to take the community welfare spot for financial reasons. :)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I'd go A - UWS. Course will overlap and UWS has guarenteed internal transfer. Wereas Mac, while you can get into B. Arts with non-award and will get credit for studies with non-award, it costs a fortune. No defering or anything like it, Non-award charges local fee paying fees that must be paid by the end of the month (or there abouts). I'd go UWS personally...

HSC
money is not a matter at all im paying HECS in full up front or whatever i dont care i got more than enough

thanks for the suggestions

i think im going to end up doing comm welfare and if that shit dont work out just do non award next year...ill still be out of uni in my early 20's prob so dont matter

rumour

HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
if you were in my shoes, wanting to ultimately get into b social science.

would you do

A. B Community Welfare @ UWS bankstown

or

B. Non-Award study at Maquarie Uni
What does Non Award Study mean?

HSC
you do 4 courses, that you pick, over a year, 2 each semester, you pass all of them and then they let you into BA or B science. From there you can try transfer to whatever...but if you get a GPA of 2.5 or above they let you into B physc.

alien

HSC
non award is like you study units at uni but they aren't part of a degree. but if you get into a degree later on you can use some of them for it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)