what year 11 grades do i need for unsw gateway (1 Viewer)

nzs

HSC
Hi gng, what grades do i need for gateway commerce, I got like B's (i swear i got 3, 88% i will improve) in everything, 2 c's and 1 A 😭 do I stand no chance? I also wanted to apply for gateway commerce co-op but idk how that works and I don't even know if I will get into this one.

skzza

HSC
As long as you're mainly B's you're fine, a C or two won't drag you down. They'll look more at your personal statement so make sure to work on that and really show you're passionate about commerce. Even if you get mediocre grades you'd just be offered conditional entry (I'm not too sure if they even offer unconditional for commerce). Don't worry the gateway acceptance rates are pretty high and most people get in, its just medicine and optom that are selective.

And co-op is definitely a lot harder to get into since the overall spots are limited as well. But likewise if you show a strong interest and meet the 90 atar threshold (I think) you might be offered an interview so don't worry too much^^

• Love
Reactions: nzs

nzs

HSC
As long as you're mainly B's you're fine, a C or two won't drag you down. They'll look more at your personal statement so make sure to work on that and really show you're passionate about commerce. Even if you get mediocre grades you'd just be offered conditional entry (I'm not too sure if they even offer unconditional for commerce). Don't worry the gateway acceptance rates are pretty high and most people get in, its just medicine and optom that are selective.

And co-op is definitely a lot harder to get into since the overall spots are limited as well. But likewise if you show a strong interest and meet the 90 atar threshold (I think) you might be offered an interview so don't worry too much^^
thank you sm you give me hope, appreciate it sm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)