• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

what you up to ext 1 maths? (1 Viewer)

P

pLuvia

hey guys i'm wondering what topic you guys have done or are up to
we're currently up to trig. i.e. half angle, t - formula, double angle, compound angle etc. Tomorrow starting the transformation and i'm cruising through it :p:D:)
By the way i use the yellow fitzpatrick book and the teal 3u fitzpatrick book, i hate it so much though.. lol so in the teal book we're up to chapter 22

illmtl

HSC
we use fitzpatric... but we jump around between 2u and 3u, depending on what we need to know to continue.... atm we're doing curve sketching... though I'm not sure where that is.... we did all that trig stuff ages ago though. It was real easy I agree. We've done combinations and permutations (in term 1) and they were evil...

P

pLuvia

wow permutations and combinations already.. :(, have you done calculus yet?, i think we're going to do permutation and combinations next topic hopefully. :)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
kadlil said:
we're currently up to trig. i.e. half angle, t - formula, double angle, compound angle etc. Tomorrow starting the transformation and i'm cruising through it :p:D:)
By the way i use the yellow fitzpatrick book and the teal 3u fitzpatrick book, i hate it so much though.. lol so in the teal book we're up to chapter 22
What topics have you covered already?

We've covered (in order):
- Real Number System (Year 10 revision plus absolute values etc)
- Trignometry (Sum and products, t results, auxilary method, general solutions etc)
- Functions (Graphs, Complex graphs etc)
- Calculus (Limits, Differentiation etc)
- Geometry (Reasoning, congruent/similar triangles, ratio of intercepts of || lines etc)
- Quadratic Polynomials (Discriminant, roots, equations reducible to quadratics etc)

Now doing:
- Probability (Year 10 revision, permutations and combinations etc)

Remaining topic:
- Parabola (Focus, locus, directrix etc)

P

pLuvia

err, we've done

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadlil
we're currently up to trig. i.e. half angle, t - formula, double angle, compound angle etc. Tomorrow starting the transformation and i'm cruising through it
What topics have you covered already?

We've covered (in order):
- Real Number System (Year 10 revision plus absolute values etc)
- Functions (Graphs, Complex graphs etc)
- Calculus (Limits, Differentiation etc)
- Geometry (Reasoning, congruent/similar triangles, ratio of intercepts of || lines etc)
- Quadratic Polynomials (Discriminant, roots, equations reducible to quadratics etc)
- Parabola (Focus, locus, directrix etc)

Doing
- Trignometry (Sum and products, t results, auxilary method, general solutions etc)

Need to do
- Probability (Year 10 revision, permutations and combinations etc)

FroZenWaffleS

HSC
My class has already started on the HSC course. Started on Geometrical Applications of Calculus however I forgotten half of my year 11 course and the yearlies is in 3 weeks.

klaw

HSC
My class has finished the syllabus

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
We're working through 2 unit and 3 unit together and faster than the 2 unit class We're on locus and the parabola, and we have Polynominals and Series left to go in the textbook. The 2 unit class is currently bashing their way through calculus.

I_F

P

pLuvia

man we're so bloody slow because of the other maths ext1 class.. we always have to wait for them, our tests get delayed etc..
i did so shit in the last geo test, 72%..~~ :(:( appalling..
expecting high 90s in coming trig test.. love trig [s2]

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
I am currently doing Locus and Parabola
Topics already done are:
  • Real Number System
  • Functions and Graphs
  • Trigonometry
  • Co-ordinate Geometry
  • Introduction to calculus
  • The Quadratic Function
  • Polynomials
My class is using the Maths In Focus textbook

FroZenWaffleS

HSC
My class is now nearly finished Geometrical Applications of Calculus. Was like 3 days. Had to do 6 exercises from the In Focus textbook in one night :(

P

pLuvia

is geometric applications of calculus just like applications of calculus is the physical world?? just more of the geometric stuff :p

klaw

HSC
kadlil said:
is geometric applications of calculus just like applications of calculus is the physical world?? just more of the geometric stuff :p
No... geometric applications of calculus is just finding max/min points and points of inflection and show concavity etc, very easy stuff, just find the first and second derivative basically. That is yr 11 work. Applications of calculus to the physical world is yr 12 work, and it is stuff like projectile motion, SHM, etc.

klaw

HSC
and geometric applications of calculus isn't like the other geometry topics, it's basically just curve sketching

P

pLuvia

oh ok, i've already done that so its cool>~~ yeh it is really easy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)