• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Whats a stocktake shift? (1 Viewer)

PinkKiller

HSC
N/A
Is it where you count stock?? Cos I've been called to do it tomorrow and have no idea what it is.. :p

Lennie

PinkKiller said:
Is it where you count stock?? Cos I've been called to do it tomorrow and have no idea what it is.. :p
You poor thing.... You'll hate it.

Especially if its anything like at my work.
Yeah it is counting stock, but they will explain it all to you when you get there. If they are nice, they may let you bring in a discman or ipod or something, you will need it.
Just be prepared for a few long tedious hours.... Good luck :p

As bushra said though, try and get out of it. It isnt worth all the money in the world.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
OMG I HATE STOCKTAKE.

I have now done it at both Myer and Target. Never again.

The only good experince I have has was when the counting machines broke down at Myer, and we were payed to sit around waiting for them to be fixed :D

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
stocktake is the best. honestly, stocktake is really good at my store.. it just the hours that kill you.

chepas

HSC
Stocktake is goooood. Fun too, almost! Climbing up ladders in ladders in ladieswear etc. Ladieswear I think was the best section to count cos it was simple and wasn't too hard to get done. Ladies underwear was woeful though, especially in our store's dept. Everything was tangled and the tags were everywhere and took forever to get out.

TCF would have had to be the second worst. The counting those lipsticks and tiny things was soooo annoying, especially the Revlon stuff where we had to count the testers too, of which NONE had barcodes of course. SO many of them, and had to find it in this book full of Revlon barcodes. And for a guy to wade through pages and pages of colours and names and different types of crap, which is practically the same thing, it makes no sense. I spent an hour on a bag of Revlon testers that wasn't bigger than a small toiletry bag. :mad:

Payday made it all worthwhile. Gotta love it...

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
chepas said:
Stocktake is goooood. Fun too, almost! Climbing up ladders in ladders in ladieswear etc. Ladieswear I think was the best section to count cos it was simple and wasn't too hard to get done. Ladies underwear was woeful though, especially in our store's dept. Everything was tangled and the tags were everywhere and took forever to get out.

TCF would have had to be the second worst. The counting those lipsticks and tiny things was soooo annoying, especially the Revlon stuff where we had to count the testers too, of which NONE had barcodes of course. SO many of them, and had to find it in this book full of Revlon barcodes. And for a guy to wade through pages and pages of colours and names and different types of crap, which is practically the same thing, it makes no sense. I spent an hour on a bag of Revlon testers that wasn't bigger than a small toiletry bag. :mad:

Payday made it all worthwhile. Gotta love it...
Soundbar is bad too. Especially if they put the cd's/dvd's in the safers wrong so that the security sticker covers the barcode so you have to open them all up in order to scan them.
That said, that doesn't even begin to compare to the 2000+ hair clips/ornaments i had to count.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
PinkKiller said:
Run!! Run fast and dont look back!!! Stocktake is EVIL!!! It drains your very soul...get out while you can...

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
Run!! Run fast and dont look back!!! Stocktake is EVIL!!! It drains your very soul...get out while you can...
haha, it can't be THAT bad..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)