• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What's another way to say "effective" (1 Viewer)

Line|z0r

if the question is for example:

Evaluate the effectiveness of the composer's you have studied in representing journeys and comment on how your understanding has changed. (this was basic layout of independent trial q for AOS part 3)

We were told afterwards that we had to:

1. make a judgement on the effectiveness of composer's representation
2. how they represented it aka. quotes from texts
3. backup your belief with why it is effective (eg. language features, such as imagery conjure images in the mind)

But! what i want to know, is how to not sound like a broken record. If all the texts i have selected all effectively communicate journeys, how do introduce them. Text 1 is effective because....text 2 is effective because, text 3 is effective because...etc etc..

any ideas ??

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Effective
Achieves its purpose/goal
Conveys the intention of the composer
Appeals to the sense of smell (orfactory), sight (visual), sound (aural) etc

You don't have to outright use effective, you can use phrases like that which show it's effective (you should this by explaining the effect).

SarahMary

*Procrastination Central*
HSC
the "evaluate" at the front of the question has me a bit worried though, as a general def'n of evaluate is make a judgement of size, value, outcomes etc. based on criteria...
what criteria are you sposed to use???? or are you sposed to use criteria at all???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)