• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What's better, typing or writing past paper essays/reports ? (1 Viewer)

kietkiet

HSC
I have messy handwriting. There. I said it. Only god can judge me.

Is it better to type your past paper essays so your tutor/teacher can read them easier ?

OR

Write them, scan them, send it to them, and start the slow process of them trying to read my arthritis patient-like handwriting.

And I have thought about writing them out and then typing them but I seriously cbf doing that when I could be spending that time writing another paper.

Thoughts ?

flashtrick

Gap year? If only...
HSC
For practice, if I ever write stuff out, I do both.
First, I'll type it out on the computer. It is a lot easier to keep track of what you're writing on a computer vs handwriting. You can fix spelling and grammar mistakes, and find out if you're overusing words. A lot easier on the eyes when navigating as well. Print it off, then write it out on paper. This is optional, but this builds up memory (both muscle from writing and also the actual content). For English exams, if I CBF writing it out on paper, I at least wrote the introduction then a scaffold out [plus key sentences I would always use regardless of the question]. Doesn't take that much time. Though, I think the time investment in doing both is worth it. Doesn't take that long and it helps with learning/mastering expression and content.

As for sending them for marking, I'd just scan them. You're meant to be marked in the HSC holistically. While that doesn't mean they judge you on your handwriting, if it impedes with the flow, they can mark you down. So what better practice than having your handwritten essay marked?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)