• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What's it like down there? (1 Viewer)

Mithoric

HSC
I'm pretty sure that I'll be taking comp sci at the gong next year :) ... what's it like there? I have been told it's so good ...

I hope it's not freezing down there or too hot because at my place in the sumer we get 40+ degree and it snowed yesterday :(.

What is it everyone does for fun? Up here they don't do much more than drink, I'd be lying if I said I couldn't get used to that quickly ;) ...

Mithoric

HSC
what's the accomodation like there? I've read an accomodation book thing and the prices although not the cheapest are pretty reasonable, seems like a good idea to move into campus accomodation until you have a few friends and such so you don't really have to live with strangers so I think I'll be doing that ..

In accomodation where internet access is provided how is that done? I guess you just plug into the network? How fast is it? Do they block ports? (ie- game playing ability ;):p) ...

What is a general timetable like? How much time do you spend in your room 'studying'?

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Internet access is pretty good although I'm not sure on the speeds because it varies from place to place.... so you're best bet would be ringing UOW accommadation and asking them.

Studying is fine, I know quite a few people including myself who spend way too much time at the unibar, and still have credit + averages.... You need to put the work in, but you definitely won't be stuck in your room every night studying.

Most timetables are usually 3-4 days a week, usually have friday off, so a long weekend every weekend but that varies... but most students arrange their timetable to achieve that.

Mithoric

HSC
Bathurst, well I actually live about 50kms out of it in the middle of nowhere. That's one reason I'm looking forward to uni, I can finally have a social life outside of school, currently I have no time between stuff I have to do at home and school work that is after I manage to get home which can take an hour and a half by bus...

I'm hardly an ag-boy like you'd expect though, I'm a nerd wrapped in an enigma you don't know what you're getting!

Mithoric

HSC
I'll have to come down this hols and have a looksee.

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
Come join us next year with your bumpkin charm :)

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Originally posted by gmraso
yere there's quite a few ppl from Bathurst in UoW(country ppl crack me up!)
I'm in the country at the moment, and they crack me up too. They drive everywhere in this town, even though I walked all around it in two hours. I mean, sure the old people and disabled people should. But the rest is just lazy.

Also, when crossing at a zebra crossing, some drivers seem to mistake the break for the accellerator. :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)