• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What's it like studying with the NSW School of Languages? (2 Viewers)

fesi2w3

HSC
I'm planning on doing Japanese Extension through the NSW School of Languages (since it's not available at my high school), but I'm just wondering what it's like studying with them? How does it work? Is it worth it? How do internal rankings work? Sorta nervous TT I haven't submitted my application yet but I will soon once I work up the confidence! Has anyone else done Japanese Extension with them and done well?

fesi2w3

HSC
This is random but I just searched up the paper for japanese extension and the prescribed film is Your Name??!!! Thats insane! In chinese its just some random film on the hsc and teenage romance and helicopter mums.
Yea! I'm excited ^^! I've always loved Your Name so I'm glad it'll be a film I like! I was honestly soo surprised that it would be such a popular film! I hope you enjoy your film too!

foxisaro

HSC
I'm planning on doing Japanese Extension through the NSW School of Languages (since it's not available at my high school), but I'm just wondering what it's like studying with them? How does it work? Is it worth it? How do internal rankings work? Sorta nervous TT I haven't submitted my application yet but I will soon once I work up the confidence! Has anyone else done Japanese Extension with them and done well?
Its a lot of self study and you need a lot of self discipline LOL. Essentially there's online coursework which are split into modules and you have to complete one module every week. Each module will have a "focus task" which is basically homework that you have to complete so you can get feedback on your writing. You also have to schedule a speaking lesson every week with the teacher you're assigned.

Every term there's one "lesson day", where you spend a day at the physical campus and it might depend on the school but for mine it was mandatory to go unless you had an assessment or something.

For assessments (except for prelims, trials and hsc), you're given a week within which you have to schedule a day to complete the assessment at your school under the supervision of your supervisor. For prelims, trials and hsc you would complete it on a decided date at the physical NSL campus.

I'd say it's worth it as long as you have the motivation, interest and self discipline to study on your own!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)