what's the transition usually like for new year 11 students in selective high schools? (1 Viewer)

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
I don't know personally, but all I know is that it will be more competitive and challenging since everyone is smart. So just make sure that you are prepared for that and maybe do some study to get ahead bc ppl in selective probably would do that lol. Friends might also be a factor, so try to create some in the early stage so u don't start to hate school, and above all try ur best and try to enjoy yr 11 bc yr 12 will be a tough roller coaster.

Hope this helps

kat1324

HSC
I don't know personally, but all I know is that it will be more competitive and challenging since everyone is smart. So just make sure that you are prepared for that and maybe do some study to get ahead bc ppl in selective probably would do that lol. Friends might also be a factor, so try to create some in the early stage so u don't start to hate school, and above all try ur best and try to enjoy yr 11 bc yr 12 will be a tough roller coaster.

Hope this helps
Thank you! My main concern is friends, especially because I'm coming from my friend group who I'm all really close with and spent years developing connections with, just to move into a new environment where I don't really know anyone and they all have established friend groups.

Epicman69

HSC
Thank you! My main concern is friends, especially because I'm coming from my friend group who I'm all really close with and spent years developing connections with, just to move into a new environment where I don't really know anyone and they all have established friend groups.
Depends on what school you go tbh, but most selective schools are very welcoming, so you'd be able to make a bunch of friends very quickly. The only other thing is assessments will be much harder than non-selective school assessments especially if you are going to a school in the top 10. If you don't mind, what school did you get into?

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
Most selective are pretty welcoming so in due time u will make friends, but getting used to the environment might also be challenging bc im assuming u come from a comprehensive school that doesn't rank well, so it might be hard to get used to finding everyone smart

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)