• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

When is your Reflection Statement due? (1 Viewer)

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
Mine is due Wednesday next week... that's on the 20th of July... in 5 days...

I seriously doubt that too many other schoools have such a crazy due date.

get_born

Lhyviathan said:
Mine is due Wednesday next week... that's on the 20th of July... in 5 days...

I seriously doubt that too many other schoools have such a crazy due date.
yeah your right...i've started mine but i have no idea when it is due in.

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
it is usually a requirement of our school to have completed a draft reflection statement by the end of the school holidays, which means ours is due on the 18th. i completed mine last week, though only it's first draft. i think it means we can return after the trials to resume with at least a draft statement

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
I, on the other hand, have to have a polished specimen of a reflection statement worth 20/50, and I completely reset my thesis 4 weeks ago.

Great.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Well with mine the Reflection is imbedded in the report ie the report is your draft Reflection, and that is in approximately 2 weeks for me I think.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
last_chance said:
yeah your right...i've started mine but i have no idea when it is due in.
I can tell u it's not due before the major work due date .. i.e. u have until the 23rd of August to complete it

besides what's the worry Lhyviathan u won't be marked on it anyways... I mean that's part of the product that the board of studies marks...

so YES! u'll have to get it done... but i mean ur teacher is going to give it back to u with feedback.. so u can furher work on it and improve it... right?

Anyways it's good that ur teacher is pressuirng u like this... (isn't pressure always juts so nice!!! hahaha.....NO!.... pressure is very very...ummm... NOT NICE!!!....)

my teacher delayed all the assessments and now they're all crammed into the one term..

i.e. viva voce + report+ the reflection ststament.. + the major work..

and in the middle of all that.. trials r going on....

all i can say is good luck u 4 uniters... u guys r almost finished... just make sure u have killer reflection statements.. and i presume that is why ur teacher wants them in so early... that way u get awesome feedback... and have a little more time to edit and stuff... and without the pressue i'm prity sure many students would leave it unitl the last minute.. well atleast that's what i would've done!!!

Good luck!!!

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
Lhyviathan said:
I, on the other hand, have to have a polished specimen of a reflection statement worth 20/50, and I completely reset my thesis 4 weeks ago.

Great.
it's part of ur internal assessment???

so that means ur being assessed on the same thing twice...hmm

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
Some schools use the report (worth 20/50 for internal) as a reflection statement, so yeah. It's worth SOMETHING

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
ours was last term..that takes the cake. It was however just supposed to the basis for our reflection statement. Our report was split into two bits. 2nd viva which i got 20 for. I wonder what I got for the other bit.

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
I think my school has no idea what the hell it's doing. I think they're supposed to set a 'report' around this time of year... not a 'reflection statement'. What's more, it's not enough to hand in a draft... it has to be up to marking standard.

On the plus side, we'll have the final RS more or less already done... at the cost of about 5 years off my life expectancy.

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
Mine's due on the ninteenth with the major. They just want to check over the stuff and give us some last minute advice before submission to the board.

fine ambiguity

almost there
HSC
Lhyviathan said:
I think my school has no idea what the hell it's doing. I think they're supposed to set a 'report' around this time of year... not a 'reflection statement'. What's more, it's not enough to hand in a draft... it has to be up to marking standard.

On the plus side, we'll have the final RS more or less already done... at the cost of about 5 years off my life expectancy.
Your report basically is your reflection statement, so I don't think it's too different. My report is due next week, too.

_blank

HSC
Uni Grad
Our reports were due last term - so I guess I can consider the RS pretty "done" - but our reports were especially focused up on the "independent research and investigation process", rather than a "reflective" kinda of writing.

I haven't even finished my MW so my RS is pretty much 2nd priority.

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
My reflection statement is due at the same time as major work which is Monday Week 7.

But early due dates are good, it means teachers can give feedback and u can correct ur rs to make it perfect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)