• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

When you make UMAT interviews (1 Viewer)

Wohzazz

HSC
What chances do you have of making the course.

Apparently for UNSW they give around 500 interviews out. How many people do they pass? %?

Last edited:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Firstly, there's no such thing as a "UMAT Interview". The UMAT is an exam that universities use to determine suitability for their own in-house interviews for places in Undergraduate Medicine and Dentistry courses.

Secondly, USyd does not offer any undergraduate Medicine or Dentistry courses. The only such courses at USyd are Graduate entry.

dingding

Señor Member
HSC
your probably thinking about UNSW. they have 126 places unbonded places if i'm not mistaken.

Wohzazz

HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh
since when did USYD offer undergrad med? its not inthe UMAT booklet for applications. Maybe UNSW give 500 interviews?
:O sry i meant UNSW, been talking too much about Usyd. Edited now

Originally posted by Lexicographer
Firstly, there's no such thing as a "UMAT Interview". The UMAT is an exam that universities use to determine suitability for their own in-house interviews for places in Undergraduate Medicine and Dentistry courses.
I kind of knew that but you get what i mean.

Originally posted by dingding
your probably thinking about UNSW. they have 126 places unbonded places if i'm not mistaken.
looks like a 1/4 chance..

Last edited:

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
yer but its more lik 1 in 6 cos they offer more interviews in january..

yer.. apply to every med uni.. cos lik most unis have heaps of interstaters.. especially from NSW and VIC.. cos of the shortage of places

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)