Where are you up to? (1 Viewer)

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Ok, as of today. Where are you in the Chemistry course. Im trying to see how far behind we are.

We are half-way through the alcohols chapter (ie. Chap. 3 in Chem. Context) wheres you all up to?

Also, hows your experiments going? Do you do 'em? Next week is ALL experiments, and the following week is ALL exams. So, alcohols is as far as we are getting ...

Ac

skool_angel

um...
my skool is up to chapter 4 electronchemistry
we do like an experiment each two weeks or something like it
GEWL LUCK in all ur experiences and examz!!!
:)

D

d00d

my school (syd tech) just finished module 3: the acidic environment...

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
And how, might I ask, did you fuken manage that!?!?!?

What are meant to do during 2003 ... ?

Ac

pri

HSC
N/A
we finished the first topic, production of materials, we went at a fast pace so it was a race to finish, I dont know how n e one could have done more than one module!?!

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
hey strange man!:eek:
how can u finish acidic environment so fast???
wat will u do now?

schwang_thang

well at least syd tech wont b rushing the rest of the yr

by this time last yr, our class was still on the ethanol section...mayb it was our class or mayb it was our teacher, but the 1st topic ended up dragging over 2 terms n then we tried 2 finish the remaining 3 topics in term 2....our teacher was a moron

whisperer

I think we are well on track- finished Production of Materials with a little time to spare. I'm not worried- our teacher seems to be pacing things remarkably well, as it's not been exactly a stressful pace.
I advise the Excel book for people who are behind, especially if you get teachers like some of ours that panic and say- oh well we are too far behind, lets cut our losses and move on.

schwang_thang

Originally posted by whisperer

I advise the Excel book for people who are behind, especially if you get teachers like some of ours that panic and say- oh well we are too far behind, lets cut our losses and move on.
yeah i agree, even tho alota ppl say the excel bk sux, its actually ok if ure behind...cos it has the basics in answering the syllabus.

seriously tho, u do the problems in conq. chem n pathways n sum of them r bloody hard...n then u do the easy qstns in excel...n when u do the trials n hsc, ull realise that all u really ever had 2 use was excel, cos the qstns in the exams r on the same level as excel.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by schwang_thang

yeah i agree, even tho alota ppl say the excel bk sux, its actually ok if ure behind...cos it has the basics in answering the syllabus.

seriously tho, u do the problems in conq. chem n pathways n sum of them r bloody hard...n then u do the easy qstns in excel...n when u do the trials n hsc, ull realise that all u really ever had 2 use was excel, cos the qstns in the exams r on the same level as excel.
None of the textbooks cover the syllabus fully, that's why when I did the HSC for chem in 2002, I used pathways, conquering chem, success one, and excel to make sure all dot points were covered.

The BOS should publish a syllabus book that answers all dot points, that way you wouldn't have to find answers in different books :)

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
we finished first topic

u have four terms so ur supposed to have one topic a term theres no point in rushing.. u probably missed sum stuff or u might not understand oh well too bad for u:p

tekster

HSC
N/A
Just started the Acidic Environment as well.
Spent some time in the holidays making sure I understood every dot-point in the first module.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)