where can i buy BLADE RUNNER dvd? (1 Viewer)

D

d00d

as the title suggests, i'm looking to buy blade runner director's cut on dvd from some shop in sydney... but i can't seem to find it... anyone know where i can get it? and how much?

kini mini

HSC
I'm told that the DVD is no longer being produced as the film company is creating a shortage in preparation for the release of a collector's edition DVD. People from my old school are so desperate they are calling anyone who might have one and the school bought back a lot of copies at the end of last year.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
hmm.. blade runner with harrison ford? umm.. i know someone who has it on video and they are planning to sell it... if you are interested, let me know.

1 more

fructis
HSC
I have a blade runner DVD, i think i got it from hmv. Ill ask my brother, who bought it for me, and report back.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
If you are desperate (sounds like you are/will be), chain stores such as Sanity, HMV and DSE should be able to ring around for you to check stock. Just hassle them enough and they will :)

D

d00d

hmv don't sell it anymore (according to their website), i think i'll have to talk to 'em in person.

anywhere else i can find it? seriously desperate!!

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by d00d
hmv don't sell it anymore (according to their website), i think i'll have to talk to 'em in person.

anywhere else i can find it? seriously desperate!!
Tried the Trading Post?

ben

I lent my Bladerunner DVD to a year 12 a couple weeks ago. The quality of the DVD is so much better than the VHS - I could actually understand what they were saying!

I bought mine from www.ozdvdwhs.com.au - I just checked it and it says "No longer available" :rolleyes:

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
You may be able to find it online through Amazon, although be wary of buying US dvds (because of the NTSC/PAL thing. Are those the right acronyms? or areas or whatever it is)

ben

Yeah, DVD regions

Or you could just tape the DVD (with someone that has it) onto VHS

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by anti
You may be able to find it online through Amazon, although be wary of buying US dvds (because of the NTSC/PAL thing. Are those the right acronyms? or areas or whatever it is)
You have to be aware both of different region codes and the different video formats (NTSC and PAL, popularly known as Never The Same Colour twice and Picture At Last). Most modern players can convert on the fly I think, though there is some quality loss. PAL generally looks better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)