• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Where do you all study? (1 Viewer)

lgaica

HSC
i usually get too distracted studying from home cause of my 3 cats and my computer and all, thats why these holiday every day i plan on going to the fisher library to study my arse off.

where do you guys plan on studying, just in your rooms or what?

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
I can study really well in my room. I'm passed the stage where computers and all that crap actually distract me. The only thing stopping myself from studying is me. :mad1: But yeah, i find when my house is generally quiet and i have everything in front of me for studying i do fairly well.

I actually managed some study in today - which is just friggen amazing :D

amyg238

HSC
Yeah, same situation with the cats and computer, but add two sisters who purposely annoy me because they know I need to study.
I had planned to go to the library nearish to me everyday, and I did go for three days but then I didn't go for the rest of the week. But I'm planning to go again from tommorow.
Its good and quiet there, but I get really intimidated by the other HSC students studying furiously for like, 7 hours in a row.

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
parramatta library =D
this year its been like a second home for me :D

been goin there everdai since grad.
sux its closed tomrwww!.

i cant study in my house; wayyyy to many distractions :X

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
beentherdunthat said:
My room. On my Table. Next to My stereo. All the way. :D
Music is always playing when i study, or when im attempting to. I work well with it on.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Usually the dinner table, where the TV is front of me. But I'm moving gradually towards using my room as a place to study :D

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Kujah said:
Usually the dinner table, where the TV is front of me. But I'm moving gradually towards using my room as a place to study :D
I do that too...sometimes. I like the size of my dinner table. :)

lgaica

HSC
Kujah said:
that doesnt sound like a great idea, get to your room as soon as possible

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
tanjin said:
I do that too...sometimes. I like the size of my dinner table. :)
im forbidden to watch television for the next 4 wks =p.
its evil!...apparently it distracts me!.
lulz. i duno wtf thats bout though ;p

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
lgaica said:
that doesnt sound like a great idea, get to your room as soon as possible
Everyone studies differently. If having the tv on whilst studying works for him, then he should study there. :)

tehsky said:
im forbidden to watch television for the next 4 wks =p.
its evil!...apparently it distracts me!.
lulz. i duno wtf thats bout though ;p
'sif my parents know:p

Last edited:

lgaica

HSC
tanjin said:
Everyone studies differently. If having the tv on whilst studying works for him, then he should study there. :)
true, wouldnt work at all for me though :)

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
tanjin said:
'sif my parents know:p
yeh they went out today for 5 freken hours
i.e 5 FREKEN HOURS OF FRIENDS
AHHHHHHHH. =[

i salute the inventor of t.v's but at the same time wish them a lifetime of pain and agony (just for the next 4 wks though =p)

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
For me it`ll be @Liverpool Library =]
`cept , at times there`re heaps of annoying lil juniors running around screaming or smirking. bloody annoying lil things :p

I cant study at home at all for some reason :eek: .. too many distractions !

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
I love my room, and there is definitely no place that i can study better in. :uhhuh:

Sometimes the distractions can be pretty frikkin murder-worthy (ie. brothers playing loud videogames/music, dogs barking their frikkin heads off, random sounds from outside, etc, etc)

But, despite all this, i still find that i study best in my room. It's got all my resources easily accessible, it's comfortable and cosy.... yeah, i guess coz i'm so used to my room that i study best in it.

And, when i close my door, that shuts out most loud distractions (including people. =P)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
ssejamafone said:
Sometimes the distractions can be pretty frikkin murder-worthy (ie. brothers playing loud videogames/music, dogs barking their frikkin heads off, random sounds from outside, etc, etc)
When my brother plays Metallica - fuck :mad1:

starrysky

HSC
Oooh! You should all get a load of my drunk arsehole of a father practising his martial arts at two o'clock in the morning, forcing you to stay awake because he shouts so loud that the socks of the priest who lives next door would squeak and run off.

Oh, and then all this technology ... *twitch*

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
starrysky said:
Oooh! You should all get a load of my drunk arsehole of a father practising his martial arts at two o'clock in the morning, forcing you to stay awake because he shouts so loud that the socks of the priest who lives next door would squeak and run off.

Oh, and then all this technology ... *twitch*
Are you serious? Martial arts at 2 am? Maybe you should join in and get rid of some HSC stress...

starrysky

HSC
Pfft, I may be a stick-thin Asian dork whose father goes "STOP IRISH DANCING, TAKE MARTIAL ARTS!" as every second sentence to leap out of his mouth, but I'd rather die than do anything associated with martial arts.

Stupid father. I'm tempted to strap on my dance shoes and break all the tiles on his study floor, but it'd wake the neighbours and since I have a priest living on the right and an elderly couple on the left ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)