Where to look for tutor? (1 Viewer)

IchigoMiruku

HSC
N/A
Hi all! I'm new here. I'm having problems with my programming subjects & just wondering where I can find tutors who can help me. I'm looking for someone who's good in ANSI C, C++ & JAVA.

TIA :)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Strawberry Milk?

Anyway, it would be good if you posted which uni you go to and which suburb you live in. Those usually determine who is willing to tutor you (since uni students will only go so far). Also state your course, because if someone in a higher year of the same course tutors you it tends to be a lot more helpful come exam time.

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
Go to the IT faculty of whichever uni you go to (if you do go to uni). You may find there are ppl offering tuition services or post ur own ad.

IchigoMiruku

HSC
N/A
Yep Strawberry Milk! It's a type of Japanese lollie.

Problem is I'm doing my course via correspondence. I'm in Syd & I'm doing my course via RMIT. :(

I'm willing to travel to UNSW/UTS/USYD if that's any help?

jellybeenz

HSC
I know Sydney has a "casual Employment Service" and I'm guessing other unis do too. You should place an Ad with them saying your looking for a tutor with those qualifications.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
IchigoMiruku said:
Yep Strawberry Milk! It's a type of Japanese lollie.

Problem is I'm doing my course via correspondence. I'm in Syd & I'm doing my course via RMIT. :(

I'm willing to travel to UNSW/UTS/USYD if that's any help?
i think ichigo miruku is also the name of a Japanese model.......

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A

Born: February 2, 1981

Height: 157cm

Blood Type: 0

Owns over 600 manga volumes, most recent favorite is Black Jack (Osamu Tezuka's work, of Astro Boy fame). Likes men with a patch on their face.

L

LaraB

check notice boards at ur uni

id suggest finding someone at ur uni for ease of meeting up and also as they're more likely to know the course so can probly offer beter advice:)

if you have a student call centre, just given em a call and ask coz i know that uws student call centre helps out wit advice on these kinda things:)

klh

HSC
have oyu thought about readin gbooks and info on the net?
ive had my share of difficulties in c++ but i got through it (they made us write a program in c++ in the exam so i had to understand it). its easy enough when you can get your head around the concept.
the syntax is blah, all you got to do is remember the structures and ways its written in a particualr form but its solving the problem thats hard (in my experience). get those dummies guides at your local library, they explain things pretty simplistically but better tha mumbo jumbo.
also maybe ask in the IT section of BOS?
hope it helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)