• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Where to stay at the Gold Coast? (1 Viewer)

drewmalcolm

HSC
Where is the best place to stay at the Gold Coast, and what is cheaper? booking through schoolies.com or something else?

Trev

stix
HSC
u HAVE TO book through schoolies.com (ps. there is hardly anything left!)...
we rang the hotel and they said they do not accept bookings through the hotel - only schoolies.com; so they make more money obvisouly :p
there is 19 of us stayin at Surfers Beachside, the hotel should be alright, i hope....

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
hmmm yeah ... definately go with schoolies.com ... i went last year, and we were at a non- schoolies.com hotel (mainly cus we booked late i think) and yeah ... they had a few schoolies groups, but mainly tourists etc. thus they dont put up with any 'mischief' at all. we got 2 noise warning on the first night. hmmm it wasnt overly 'strict'... still great, but eh ... all the hotels around us that were with schoolies.com had people going insane continually, but were prepared for it and didnt care at all. :)

oh and um from what i remember that big pink building ... umm the islander hotel is pretty good. i didnt check out inside the rooms, but its prolli one of the best locations ;)

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
Trev said:
just checked out the islander hotel on schoolies.com, its like one of the cheapest and the rooms r really poor lol
haha ... yeah it did look a bit chat ... but its like right where u wanna be ... every time we walked to and from cavill avenue there were heeps of drunk people screaming on verandas ... it looked like they were having fun. and its right across from the bottle'o (but a very expensive one :p)

Trev

stix
HSC
Purp|e said:
haha ... yeah it did look a bit chat ... but its like right where u wanna be ... every time we walked to and from cavill avenue there were heeps of drunk people screaming on verandas ... it looked like they were having fun. and its right across from the bottle'o (but a very expensive one :p)
haha, do u kno anybody that stayed at Surfers Beachside? if so, was it good or not? how close to grog shops - guna b multiple trolleys full of grog for 19 ppl :p

EDIT: there is now 25 or so of us :eek:

Last edited:

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
umm ... u got a pic of it man??? i can remember seeing the name, but ill be able to tell you if theres a pic :p ... and basically there should be a close enough place to buy ur alcamahol... just be prepared to pay ... lol its pretty fucking expensive when schoolies is on (well compared to sydney prices) ... IMO just buy some beers for chillin ... but get spirits for getting drunk, it works out cheaper that way. ;)

dougthelegend

HSC
there are actually two strip joints on Orchid avenue i think.

i just got back from surfers there are some good places to stay up there - if you dont mind a bit of a walk (like two or three blocks). Cypress Avenue Apartments isnt to bad. Rooms are alright. Pretty cheap really as well.

Ch33kY

HSC
N/A
Only bad thing about booking through schoolies is that u pay per person per week, with normal hotels without schoolies website you only pay for the room for the week, alot cheaper thats the way myself an friends did it an got 5 star !! It can be the way to go.

drewmalcolm

HSC
How much did you's spend on grog for the week?

Booking one of the schoolies Hotel's but through someone else is cheaper is it? Thats the way to go then?

Ch33kY

HSC
N/A
You can go straight to the hotel you want and book it without schoolies website and it will probably end up cheaper, you will only pay for the room for the week, not this per person per week stuff that they never do except for schoolies.
I booked my hotel through hotelclub.com, they have a fair variety but at the end of the day it works out alot cheaper just paying for the room.
But its up to you whether you prefer to be in the schoolies hotels, my friends experience was with the schoolies hotels was that their were alot more strict than normal hotels which didnt put their hotel on the schoolies website. But who knows.

cabanaboy21

HSC
places to stay

i just booked at the Surfers Royale... should b good cant wait... right on the beach few hundred from cavil... should b awesome

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)