Which Car? (1 Viewer)

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
My family were in a head on car accident and our car is a write off. My parents are looking at the Toyota Camry Grande and the Honda Accord Euro for a new car. What do u think?

7th Sign

HSC
Honda Accord Euro deffiantly

top car...very nice on a good set of wheels..

lengy

HSC
You linked the Toyota Camry Sportivo. I'd go Camry, but I rather get the Aurion's V6.

Jiga

^

Yeah I would strongly consider the Aurion > Camry, the Camry has no guts, a 120kw engine compared to Euro 140kw or 204kw Aurion. Supposedly it will be compriced competively against Holden n Ford, so it should be around the same price as the Euro... but offers a substantially more powerful engine, I would say about the same fuel economy or at least only alittle worse.... and is more luxurious than the Euro... not sure if these features are standard or not on the base model but it has wood grain dash, lights that look around corners, dual VVTi, pedal brake like Mercedes, at least 6 air bags, 6 speed transmission and all this other stuff that Ive forgotten about.

oof

HSC
euro easily. no one knows what the aurion is like yet. the euro has been the best mid size car since it came out in 2003. i have one and it has the perfect blend of power and fuel efficiency. honda quality and reliabiltiy are first class - weve had no problems at all. theres no place for high power v6s in todays market - theres not enough fuel for them. theres also deals on euros at the moment with discounts and extras! '

Jiga

euro easily. no one knows what the aurion is like yet.
I don’t think its Euro easily at all, although I do rate the Euro it would be stupid to not wait till the Aurion comes out, less than 1 month, and then compare. Lol you sound like a Honda sales rep, trying to tempt the creater of this thread into not waiting until the Aurion comes out cos there are ‘discounts and extras’ available.

i have one and it has the perfect blend of power and fuel efficiency.
The Aurion has it over the Euro, 9.9L/100km out of a 3.5L V6 producing 200kw compared to a Euro at 9.1L/100km out of a 2.4L 4 Cylinder engine producing 140kw. The power is impressive out of a 2.4L engine, but it only has 0.8L/100km with 2 less cylinders to feed, over 1L less displacement, less power and less weight. The reason how the Aurion has done this? Dual VVTi… Variable valve timing on both intake and exhaust valves along with a 6 speed transmission unlike the Euro’s 5.

honda quality and reliabiltiy are first class
So are Toyotas

theres no place for high power v6s in todays market - theres not enough fuel for them.
It’s the Aurions 9.9L vs Euros 9.1L per 100km. When you consider the Euro needs Premium unleaded whilst the Aurion doesn, it equates to a difference of $4 in filling up 65L of your tank... but you get a car which is more refined then the Honda and performance wise would leave it for dead. .

And on top of all of this, the Aurion is more luxurious than the Euro… if you have seen any pics you would know this. I expected more luxury from the Euro but it was prity bland inside when I went inside my friends. IMO for $35k or so you cant go wrong with the Aurion, provided it isn’t absolutely shyte to drive which I doubt.

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
Is there any word on the pricing of Aurion?

Jiga

^

Nothing official, but Ive read that it will be priced competively against the Commdore and Falcon, expect base model to be around $34k and top models to be around $50k. No idea how much the TRD Aurion will be, I recon in excess of $50k because it is afterall competing against FPV and HSV, which have cars with an average price of $60k+

CieL

HSC
Meh, statistics mean nothing.

Sorry Schoolies, but you've read the wrong stats this time. The 4 cylinder Camry uses 9.9L/100km (auto)... there is no way in which the Aurion would have the same consumption as the 4cyl because as someone stated in another thread, the Aurion is an auto only v6... So your whole argument about the Aurion having it all over the Euro in power VS fuel consumption is rubbish.

But anyway... for the Aurion, it would not be less than 10L/100km at all. I doubt even close. They always make up figures. Even my Euro isn't 9.1L/100km... maybe cos I thrash it a shitload, but it's more like 9.6L/100km... still under 10L tho =]

And the Falcon I drove for over a month... yeah, fuel figures were GREAT... if you didnt rev it past 2000rpm... anything past that and I was filling up at around 12L/100km compared to its stated 10.9L/100km for automatic.

How decieving are figures compared to the real thing =.="

Plus, the Aurion is only coming in automatic, and the base model Falcon's price is based on the manual, so expect at least a $2k difference, upwards...

I'd doubt the quality and reliability of Toyotas.

In my Euro, I've had literally zilch problems. In contrast to the Corolla we had a few yrs ago (2001), ever since we bought it (new) it had throttle problems... imagine that, a car which keeps accelerating on a flat road when you're not even pressing on the accelerator... and no, that does NOT mean it saves fuel =.=

Oh and btw, the Euro's figures of 140kw comes from filling up on a premium only tank... I'm not sure about the toyotas, but I know that although the Falcon says 190kw, and it says the car runs on 91ron, the figure of 190kw actually comes from filling up on premium fuel... so yeah, kinda dodgy cos you're really not getting 190kw from 91ron...

And ahem, you can get 6 gears in the Euro too... just that it's in manual =] But in the auto Euro, there's that tiptronic function... dunno if the Aurion has it... and I'm not sure if the Camry has it either because I have no idea what they mean by a "5 speed automatic with uphill/downhill control and gated shift gate"... Is a gated shift gate the same shit as a sports sequential shift? I have a feeling it is...

And quality-wise... please dont accept the idea that leather is leather, plastic is plastic... there's all kinds of grades... it's like how I touch toyota and mazda plastic compared to honda plastic... the toyota and mazda's feel like they're from the reject shop whereas the honda's does have a fine touch and feel about it... and the leather in the Honda is also softer... I reckon my friend's corolla sportivo's leather feels like soft plastic, it really feels that way...

EDIT: I just read some review on the Accord Euro... on their own road test, they tested the Euro's fuel consumption to be a combined 8.5L/100km (man)... dang, do I really waste that much fuel?

Last edited:

CieL

HSC
Total BS... how can the Aurion v6 and the Camry 4cyl apparently have the same fuel consumption... like, why the hell should anyone buy the Camry anymore? Not many people I know ever bought the 4cyl Camry in the first place =.=

*waits for someone to buy the Aurion (when it comes out) so we can know how much it really burns*

alexxxz

HSC
CieL said:
Total BS... how can the Aurion v6 and the Camry 4cyl apparently have the same fuel consumption... like, why the hell should anyone buy the Camry anymore? Not many people I know ever bought the 4cyl Camry in the first place =.=

*waits for someone to buy the Aurion (when it comes out) so we can know how much it really burns*
its called technology, different engine designs, makes them more efficient. the technology from the 4cylinder camry is quite old. i think its quite possible that the aurion will do 9.9litre or VERY close to it. good on toyota.

Jiga

its called technology, different engine designs, makes them more efficient. the technology from the 4cylinder camry is quite old. i think its quite possible that the aurion will do 9.9litre or VERY close to it. good on toyota.
Exactly.... dual VVti and a 6 speed transmission are a large part of this as well

why the hell should anyone buy the Camry anymore? Not many people I know ever bought the 4cyl Camry in the first place =.=
It is stupid, but it explains why Australia is the only country to have both the Aurion and the Camry... because it really is pointless having both.

Sorry Schoolies, but you've read the wrong stats this time. The 4 cylinder Camry uses 9.9L/100km (auto)... there is no way in which the Aurion would have the same consumption as the 4cyl because as someone stated in another thread, the Aurion is an auto only v6... So your whole argument about the Aurion having it all over the Euro in power VS fuel consumption is rubbish.
Well Im sure you already read, they are official figures.... and if we want to go on about rubbish I have a friend who drives his Euro passively and says it does 10L/100km, so much for 9.1, I would say the Euro and Aurion are very similar in consumption....

Oh and btw, the Euro's figures of 140kw comes from filling up on a premium only tank... I'm not sure about the toyotas, but I know that although the Falcon says 190kw, and it says the car runs on 91ron, the figure of 190kw actually comes from filling up on premium fuel... so yeah, kinda dodgy cos you're really not getting 190kw from 91ron...
Yep 200kw on regular, 204kw on premium... they havent hidden this fact. Good part is you dont need premium, unless yo want a massive 4kw... having this choice will appeal to some people.

Last edited by a moderator:

lengy

HSC
How about cost? :rolleyes:
Some wont need a V6 and just settle for a basic Camry. There are alot of I4 Camrys around. The only V6 Camrys around are ones with badges that state it's a V6 or the Vientas. Other than that there are the Avalons. I think Aurion is an attempt for Toyota to present a more upmarket sedan, like the Cressida. I loved my dad's old red Cressida, but it was near the end of it's life and we got the awesome V6 Camry as a replacement. Anyone remember when there were Crowns back in the Toyota range? There are very few of them around anymore but they were good cars I think. I'm hoping Aurion will be like those cars back in the day.

Jiga

^

Yeah cost true, but in the case of something like a Sportivo not sure how much they cost exactly but it would be the same if not more than the Aurion... just for better suspension etc for its MASSIVE 120kw engine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)