which country to choose for national studies (1 Viewer)

yeem

HSC
hey currently im in year 12 and we've nearly finished WW1, and there are two modern classes which are going to be either russia or germany so i have to choose, but i dont know which one's better and i like both! so any tips on which one is more interesting...?

D94

HSC
N/A
When I did it, it went WW1 > Germany > Speer > Conflict in Europe (ie. WW2). The information in one topic usually related in another, so whilst it was sometimes repetitive and occasionally boring, the topics became interlinked and easy/easier to understand, especially as context was covered in the previous section/s.

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
I think it really depends on which you find most interesting, look at each of the topics in the syllabs and see if any 'jump out' and perhaps do a little reading on the net to provide further basis for your decision.

For my HSC, I did WWI -> Germany -> Riefenstahl -> Conflict in Europe; which are all very 'German' based, and thus information overlapped and concepts did become a bit repetitive. Though this was a double edged sword so to speak, cause over the year the same events were referenced, the same people, the same issues, the same results, the same stuff really; so things got really repetitive after a while. However, this can be a blessing, as when it comes down to remembering information and studying for the big exams; trials and the HSC, there is seemingly less to remember.

Germany was a great topic to study, and I loved majority of it; the politics did confuse me a little to be honest, but it was broadly a fun and interesting topic. Though, I have heard great things about Russia as well, so really it's up to your personal interests. There is also a plethora of resources available on both topics, as they are both very popular, so you shouldn't have too much finding assistance if need be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)