which degree would best suit me? (1 Viewer)

freaksoutalot

HSC
im thinking either a bachelor arts (international relations) or bachelor of security analysis (Asia- pacific) both at ANU.

what would everyones suggestions be.

my subjects for HSC are:

- English adv
- eng. ext 2
- legal studies
- economics
- business studies
- Studies of religion 2

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I recommend you do a Bachelor of Think This Shit Through @ the University of Common Sense.

Why the fuck would you decide your future based off what people on the Internet say? :S

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
read up on both courses, and choose the one you like the most. Remember both may require you studying a language. At the end of the day it's your decision on where you go (not bos'). Perhaps it might be worth posting some specific questions about the course on the anu forum. Or calling the 1st year lecturer?

http://asianstudies.anu.edu.au/Bachelor_of_Security_Analysis_(Asia-Pacific)
http://studyat.anu.edu.au/programs/3100XBINTR;overview.html

I really think you don't need to worry as much, you've limited yourself down to 2 choices (much better than many students). they both have the same UAI, and it may be possible to transfer between courses (tba).
My advice, do some further research and then choose the one you think you would enjoy.
Good luck

freaksoutalot

HSC
yeah i have read up on them.

lol thats how ive narrowed it down to the two

Is voting liberal 4 PM
HSC
halcon if you have nothing worthwhile to say, don't say anything
stop trolling

zeam

HSC
N/A
lol...OP is either stupid or troll...hsc 2009...

freaksoutalot

HSC
im just interested to hear what people who are doing uni atm have to say in regards to my choice, i.e. any information regarding the competitive nature of the course (if it is) and what sorta thing i should expect from these courses

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
I've got friends doing both, IR is VERY popular. I can't really compare the two sorry. BTW where are you located? (city)

freaksoutalot

HSC
Davo1111 said:
I've got friends doing both, IR is VERY popular. I can't really compare the two sorry. BTW where are you located? (city)
im in port stephens just above newcastle.

im leaning more towards Security analysis myself. can any1 help with what it is all about, i have a fair idea, but someone doing it telling me first hand would be great.

ASNSWR127

HSC
Do Nursing - Now the most versatile degree in the world I think!

Law, Business, Marketing stuff, Nursing practice, OH&S, Consultancy, pre-hospital, Government, Defence Forces...

List goes on and on, never actually have to get your hands dirty with most of that either...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)