Which is better? (1 Viewer)

get_born

Anyone know if it is better/easier to transfer from one uni to another or from one course to another?

Satori

HSC
Seconded, I probably will have to choose either a very similar course in a different school to transfer from, or a slightly different one in the same school, and just can't seem to figure out with any certainty what will make the transfer more likely and easier.

SweetSeasons

HSC
just try and gt a D or HD average and you should be able to transfer anywhere..

wanton-wonton

HSC
SweetSeasons said:
just try and gt a D or HD average and you should be able to transfer anywhere..
No you can't. Some courses have restrictions to how you can transfer to it.

Last edited:

get_born

I want to do Bachelor of Arts in Sydney uni but my uai is under 83, so i need to go through it from another uni such as UWS, or is there a course at UTS?

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
why don't you do something else in syd to your liking which is below your UAI, and then transfer after a semester. keep in mind, to transfer, you need above credit average in your semester exams.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
last_chance said:
I want to do Bachelor of Arts in Sydney uni but my uai is under 83, so i need to go through it from another uni such as UWS, or is there a course at UTS?
did u apply for the EAS?

Theres B Arts at UNSW, the 2005 cut-off was 78.00

B Arts at UTS is more specific, compared to the broader B Arts in USYD or UNSW which offer a wider range of opportunity in terms of deciding what exaclty it is u want to pursue a career in... unless uve already decided, then maybe u should look at the available B Arts courses at UTS

It's always possible to transfer to other Unis, however I would suggest the best thing u could do is probably call USYD and ask about the requirements to transfer, when u can transfer etc...

Also try UNSW...

Neverthless make sure u dont remove B Arts in Sydney from ur preference list, U never know, the UAI's could always go down as they have in the past!

I think B Arts at UWS is 68, U can always transfer from one uni to the other..once again, call USYD to find out what exactly u need to achieve in order to be eligible for a transfer!

In addition, almost all my friends who go UWS (2003 HSC graduates) tell me its not so difficult to gain Distinctions/credits (at UWS)... and besides, ur bright Last chance, so im pritty sure if u do end up starting off in UWS u'll maintain a high average God willing, and eventualy get into USYD!

My advice: If u can do a course in USYD which grabs ur interest, go for it, and then transfer from within uni. But if ur going to force urself to do a course which u don't like, then go to UWS, and eventualy apply for a transfer!

All the best!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
last_chance said:
Hi last_chance! Why don't you try the Bachelor in Arts & Sciences at USYD for 75? Its fairly similar and in the same university.

Satori

HSC
Yep, that's the position i'm in, a couple of points from Arts at Sydney, so I need to choose between Arts at UNSW or Arts & Sciences to transfer from, I know I could do pretty well in either, but need to figure out who to ask at Syd about the transfer requirements et al.

Since Arts & Sciences at USYD is a new course, the cut-off's probably going to go up a bit, but can anyone make any sort of estimate based on new courses in the past? I remember being told by a teacher earlier this year that cut-off's in general will probably be back on the rise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)