• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Which journey? (2 Viewers)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
Hey guys

i'm a yr 11'er going into yr 12 soon
i want to start collecting my related texts for AoS early becoz it took me forever to find suitable stuff this year

i wanted to get an idea of the various electives involved

whatever journey you're doing - imaginative, inner, physical -

- why did you choose it?
- what kind of things are you looking at?
- what related texts are you using?
- how do you like it?

thanks a bunch :)

RainbowBrite

HSC
Type of Journey: Physical

Prescribed text: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain

Related Texts:

Stand By Me (film) - journey of group of young boys to find dead body of Ray Brower. Follows complete physical journey of the group.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Dead Man's Chest (film) another text that followed the complete adventures of the physical journey and also from a variety of aspects. It also similary used the water as a symbol of freedom as in Huck Finn.

Space Oddity (song by David Bowie): wasn't the best related text. Deals more with the beginnings of journeys and the attachments one has with the past which they attempt to escape on the journey. I found more difficult to use.

I found this area of study easier than the one we did in year 11 (Change). I found it easier to find texts and much more interesting. There are loads of related texts out there, its just a matter of picking them and relating them to your concepts about your related texts. Films are of course quicker and easier to study and also allow for that depth of knowledge needed.

Good luck :)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
thanks! :)

one thing though, in physical journey

...what do you explore? what kinda concepts do you look at?

like say for AoS this year we did 'obsesssion' and we looked at the impacts of obsession on the obsessor and on those around him - the consequences of obsession, and how it was shown in the texts

for physical journey, what kinda stuff are you looking at?

Rebecca1234

HSC
is it the teacher or student who chooses what journey to do? .... Because a teacher chooses ours! ...

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
The teacher usually chooses, mainly because of their own knowledge and the resources they have.

Im going to be doing: Imaginaitive

Pescribed: Samuel Taylor Coleridge- Poetry

Anyway theres a study day for the AOS Journey's http://www.englishteacher.com.au/studentEvents.php
One of the lecturers Mark Howie the president of the English teachers assoc. is the Eng HT at my school.

Last edited:

leogal

HSC
The teacher's choose, wat kind of journey they want u to do. Becoz my teacher has chosen it for us...
i am doing PHYSICAL JOURNEY
its realy interesting when u look at different kind of physical journeys
my related text dat i think, realy goes well with da physical journey is Lord of the rings: Fellowship of the ring..
In journeys, u always have to look for why pple go in the journey?
Does it change them?
Is journeys gud thing or bad?
those are main things, u have look for when u talk bout journeys

Gud luck :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)