• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Which one is more important ? (1 Viewer)

MouNtY

is it more important to get a good rank in your school or in the whole state?

Will the rank that you get effect your marks even if you come first with really crap marks?

Thanks in advance for help

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Lol..I asked a very similar question and apparantley if toy are ranked first, you will most likey recieve the highest mark your school obtains in that particular subject even if you're actual exam mark wasn't the highest..
I think this is right...

MouNtY

Originally posted by hyperbole
Lol..I asked a very similar question and apparantley if toy are ranked first, you will most likey recieve the highest mark your school obtains in that particular subject even if you're actual exam mark wasn't the highest..
I think this is right...
Does that mean that your original mark would get changed?

Your thread was the one that got me thinking in the first place, but i didnt get what you meant by the question, so i thought i'd be "special" and start my own thread about it......lol

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
You're right hyperbole but up to now, I've been forgetting about the differences in marks between ranks. This is not mentioned much I have noticed.

But in general, the top exam mark goes to the first ranked person in internal assessments for JUST their moderated assessment mark. All the exams marks belong to the person who gained it as their EXAM mark.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168

But in general, the top exam mark goes to the first ranked person in internal assessments for JUST their moderated assessment mark. All the exams marks belong to the person who gained it as their EXAM mark.
100% Correct...

So

If John was ranked 1st for Maths

He scored a HSC Exam mark of 90%

And the highest HSC Exam mark scored in his school was by a guy called Bob who obtained 95%

This 95% becomes John's Internal Assessment Mark.

But John still retains his 90% HSC Exam Mark.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
I OFFICIALLY HATE RANKINGS COS IT GETS EVERYONE SO COMPETETIVE WHICH IS WHAT THE HSC STANDS FOR NEWAY
Highly
Stressful
Competition

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)