which study guide is better: macquarie or excel? (2 Viewers)

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
I'm pretty much fapping over the next-gen Excel ones.

They have the syllabus points on the side of the page, so you know exactly what it is you're meant to be learning, as well as space to write notes. At the end of each chapter there are questions regarding each syllabus point (usually multiple q's), and an end-of-module checklist to verify you know everything needed.

To me, it's gold, I even enjoy studying now.

Not sure about Macquarie though, never had much experience with their books.

saberbladexx

HSC

They have the syllabus points on the side of the page, so you know exactly what it is you're meant to be learning, as well as space to write notes. At the end of each chapter there are questions regarding each syllabus point (usually multiple q's), and an end-of-module checklist to verify you know everything needed.

Yeah i use the new excel study guides for science, they're pretty good, i personally LOVE the structure of it.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC

Omg they sound epic, def going and getting them this weekend.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
im gonna sound like a weirdo, but I like macquarie more. excel is easier to read though

0bs3n3

HSC
Excel next gen? Did they release them across the board or only for the sciences? If so I might look into picking up the Eco one.

muzeikchun852

HSC
Did they release them across the board or only for the sciences? If so I might look into picking up the Eco one.
eco one is the old one. the only new one is 2 units maths, chemistry and biology.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
I have an economics HSC macquarie one that i bought for $31.99 :) pretty good!

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Personally, Macquarie are better for my subs (in the sig).

I hate the new excel format and everything is so crammed into one page >_< + there are excel books at school... good for some variety with Macquarie.

muzeikchun852

HSC

I hate the new excel format and everything is so crammed into one page >_< + there are excel books at school... good for some variety with Macquarie.
i do most of ur subject. i have a flip through the macquarie one.. is almost the same as excel, but is just a little thinner than excel. :D:D

dux&src

HSC

what do you think i should get for maths I and II, chem, physics,...since you are taking those subjects... my good friend ;)

blackforest

HSC
i prefer excel.. less rambling on with massive paragraphs, or what seems like it in macquarie.

I find excel has more tables, graphs and just overall easier to read/understand for my subjects (sciences). Its just a study guide in the end, its different from a text book. Excel is good summary, although i hate how the new ones have tiny fonts now.

Macquarie seems to be better with stuff to like legal and eco that requires heaps of writing, essays and the like.

dux&src

HSC
i prefer excel.. less rambling on with massive paragraphs, or what seems like it in macquarie.

I find excel has more tables, graphs and just overall easier to read/understand for my subjects (sciences). Its just a study guide in the end, its different from a text book. Excel is good summary, although i hate how the new ones have tiny fonts now.

Macquarie seems to be better with stuff to like legal and eco that requires heaps of writing, essays and the like.
that's why i got one for economics! macquarie ftw!

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
for the social sciences/humanities i'd recommend Macquarie, especially:
- business studies
- modern history
- legal studies (though Excel is also pretty good)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Neither. Use real textbooks for gathering information (Jacaranda, Conquering, Contexts etc etc); and do your own notes - and use those for study.

muzeikchun852

HSC
回覆: Re: which study guide is better: macquarie or excel?

Neither. Use real textbooks for gathering information (Jacaranda, Conquering, Contexts etc etc); and do your own notes - and use those for study.
but real textbooks are like 60 bucks..compare to a study guide 20-30.

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
I didn't know there was a difference between study guides and textbooks. Anyway, I like the excel one for chemistry. I prefer it over conquering because the explanations are more succinct and the layout as everyone else mentioned, is better. I like reading things in columns.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)