• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Which subject do I drop? (1 Viewer)

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I'm currently doing 13 units, and these are the subjects with the marks I assume I'm getting.

English Advanced: 70
Biology: 90
Chemistry: 85
Maths 2-Unit: 85
Maths 3-Unit: 33
IPT: 80
Arabic Continuers: 80

I don't know which subject to drop and I'm at least aiming for an ATAR of 85-90. What do I do?

mreditor16

HSC
I'm currently doing 13 units, and these are the subjects with the marks I assume I'm getting.

English Advanced: 70
Biology: 90
Chemistry: 85
Maths 2-Unit: 85
Maths 3-Unit: 33
IPT: 80
Arabic Continuers: 80

I don't know which subject to drop and I'm at least aiming for an ATAR of 85-90. What do I do?
Tbh your marks are not that helpful in helping us advise you. What would be better is telling your ranks and your school rank.

However, if you are adamant on dropping a subject (which is a question you first have to ask yourself, making sure that dropping a subject is the right thing for you), your 3U Maths marks are looking very poor. So I would strongly recommend dropping 3U Maths, helping you to focus more on 2U Maths and your other subjects!

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
drop either arabic or ipt, both scale like pure shit

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Tbh your marks are not that helpful in helping us advise you. What would be better is telling your ranks and your school rank.

However, if you are adamant on dropping a subject (which is a question you first have to ask yourself, making sure that dropping a subject is the right thing for you), your 3U Maths marks are looking very poor. So I would strongly recommend dropping 3U Maths, helping you to focus more on 2U Maths and your other subjects!
My school rank is in the 600s but we have this disadvantaged marks thing so the students get bonus marks. I was also thinking of dropping 3U but it's only one unit and I'm get full marks in my assessments except the half-yearlies and trials which I know I will get bad in. So I'm honestly not sure.

drop either arabic or ipt, both scale like pure shit
Yeah I was also thinking the same thing but my marks for both subjects are really close to each other.

mreditor16

HSC
My school rank is in the 600s but we have this disadvantaged marks thing so the students get bonus marks. I was also thinking of dropping 3U but it's only one unit and I'm get full marks in my assessments except the half-yearlies and trials which I know I will get bad in. So I'm honestly not sure.
I don't understand how you're getting 33% in 3U Maths, when reading the bolded part from the quote.

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
I meant 33/50. All other subjects are out of 100.
do a variety of past HSC questions under timed conditions (of subjects you've already done) and tell us what you get for them in maths. (Don't do this for any other subject, there's gonna be bias.) Like including the harder ones.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Hmm.. 3U Maths perhaps?

How did you end up with a poor result in 3U? Did the teacher make you use MIF or something? :(

Just on a side note, don't drop English Advanced (Someone had to say it).

Its your call buddy.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
do a variety of past HSC questions under timed conditions (of subjects you've already done) and tell us what you get for them in maths. (Don't do this for any other subject, there's gonna be bias.) Like including the harder ones.
I probably won't know how to do them because our whole 3U maths class is a joke, all of the students don't even take it as a serious subject.

Hmm.. 3U Maths perhaps?

How did you end up with a poor result in 3U? Did the teacher make you use MIF or something? :(

Just on a side note, don't drop English Advanced (Someone had to say it).

Its your call buddy.
I'm not the only one that gets full marks for assessments, everyone does, in our first assessment task she said even if you get wrong answers you will still get full marks, it's a joke. When it comes time to the tests/exams people don't know what they're doing, so I might consider dropping it.

Of course I don't drop Eng. Adv, I like that subject.

I'm just tossing up between Arabic and IPT, I already dropped Arabic but I need to sign that I dropped it on Monday, so I can do it again but I do't know what to do.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Also Arabic is something natural for me but I'm not great at it, I can manage, so basically not many, if any studying hours will be put into this subject.

Ekman

HSC
Also Arabic is something natural for me but I'm not great at it, I can manage, so basically not many, if any studying hours will be put into this subject.
Tbh if Arabic comes natural to you, then drop ipt, as Arabic will be your 'relaxing' subject, where you don't have to put in so much effort into when compared to chem or bio.

teridax

HSC
N/A
I probably won't know how to do them because our whole 3U maths class is a joke, all of the students don't even take it as a serious subject.

I'm not the only one that gets full marks for assessments, everyone does, in our first assessment task she said even if you get wrong answers you will still get full marks, it's a joke. When it comes time to the tests/exams people don't know what they're doing, so I might consider dropping it.

Of course I don't drop Eng. Adv, I like that subject.

I'm just tossing up between Arabic and IPT, I already dropped Arabic but I need to sign that I dropped it on Monday, so I can do it again but I do't know what to do.
how can you like english, that's like not normal lol

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Tbh if Arabic comes natural to you, then drop ipt, as Arabic will be your 'relaxing' subject, where you don't have to put in so much effort into when compared to chem or bio.
If I do Arabic I'll probably get in the low 80s, and I'm not sure if that's good or not.
how can you like english, that's like not normal lol
In my past years I didn't really care about English, but when I heard these words "If you don't know how to write an essay, say bye to your HSC" and the words "English is an ATAR slayer" they really made me care, and I'm not getting the "best" marks, but they are satisfying.

FlameLash

HSC
If I do Arabic I'll probably get in the low 80s, and I'm not sure if that's good or not.

In my past years I didn't really care about English, but when I heard these words "If you don't know how to write an essay, say bye to your HSC" and the words "English is an ATAR slayer" they really made me care, and I'm not getting the "best" marks, but they are satisfying.
You may wholeheartedly care about it, but that doesn't mean you actually like the subject :p

royalgoyal

HSC
drop the subject thata you are not confident with bud. To me arabic is not worth it only 10 UNITS are going to count better if you just focus on 10/11units rather than 13 units which will limit the time of your study on your other subjects

royalgoyal

HSC
however if you reckon u can perform by all means keep all 13 Units

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)