Which subject to drop? (1 Viewer)

Fueeey

HSC
I've got 13 units at the moment going into the HSC and I've got this week to drop subjects

English Advanced
Maths Advanced
Maths Ext 1
Chemistry
Physics
Engineering
Economics

I'm thinking of dropping either engineering or economics but i'm unsure which one. Thoughts?

Ambility

HSC
That's really a decision for you to make. You can look at scaling, but you shouldn't really drop based on that. Drop the subject which you don't like the most. That will be the one that you probably study for the least. If you having trouble deciding, remember that you can wait another couple weeks or even the term if you want.

astroman

HSC
if u have a bad engineering teacher then drop it, you can't really learn engineering without a good teacher, also the course is very broad.

Jeff_

HSC
Drop engineering and we will have the exact lineup of subjects haha :p

Anyway you probably have heard about this hundreds of times - drop the one that you don't like the most. You can take a look at Year 12 engineering and economics notes online and pick a subject that interests you the most in terms of content (and you think you will do well in). :)

Glyde

HSC
if u have a bad engineering teacher then drop it, you can't really learn engineering without a good teacher, also the course is very broad.
I guess I'm screwed. I'm doing engineering via distance education

Glyde

HSC
Well how do you feel about it? Can you answer moments questions?
Moments questions? Like torque ? Haha I feel like I have learnt nothing this year but I'm hoping my 4unit math and physics will help

Ambility

HSC
This is true. Engineering can be overwhelming without a good teacher, which is why I dropped it.

astroman

HSC
Moments questions? Like torque ? Haha I feel like I have learnt nothing this year but I'm hoping my 4unit math and physics will help
no none of that stuff, moments as in truss questions.

astroman

HSC
He probably hasn't done truss questions yet, or maybe he's only just started them.
u do truss questions in the first week of the course in yr 11 and do them in every single topic in one way or another.

keepLooking

HSC
u do truss questions in the first week of the course in yr 11 and do them in every single topic in one way or another.
We only did moments/torque in year 11? Also, the notes given by Distance Education is way more detailed than my textbook (Copeland)

Perhaps look at the past papers of Engineering and ask yourself whether you would like to do it. If you have no commitment for Engineering, just drop it.

Glyde

HSC
Wow..I have never done anything in regards to trusses ??? I'm hoping to rely on BOS notes and online tutorials

Glyde

HSC
We only did moments/torque in year 11? Also, the notes given by Distance Education is way more detailed than my textbook (Copeland)

Perhaps look at the past papers of Engineering and ask yourself whether you would like to do it. If you have no commitment for Engineering, just drop it.
I also use that textbook along with a few others. I can't drop it becuase I have 10 Units lol

Ambility

HSC
I certainly didn't. I'm only just learning about trusses now. We did do moments though, if that's what you're talking about.

astroman

HSC
I certainly didn't. I'm only just learning about trusses now. We did do moments though, if that's what you're talking about.
we did moments for a few weeks than did some basic truss questions.

Glyde

HSC
Should we make a 2016 engineering thread ? I feel like I'll need all the help I can get hah

astroman

HSC
Should we make a 2016 engineering thread ? I feel like I'll need all the help I can get hah
You should, it's not a popular subject though so it won't be that active.
Also engineeirng markers in HSC are pretty generous. You can write two or three words and get full marks. e.g. if you get a question that say's, 'describe the operation of a turbofan engine (3marks)', and you write: suck, squeeze, bang, blow, you will probs get 2/3. I wouldn't advise it but my teacher is a hsc marker and said he would give something like that close to full marks.

keepLooking

HSC
You should, it's not a popular subject though so it won't be that active.
Also engineeirng markers in HSC are pretty generous. You can write two or three words and get full marks. e.g. if you get a question that say's, 'describe the operation of a turbofan engine (3marks)', and you write: suck, squeeze, bang, blow, you will probs get 2/3. I wouldn't advise it but my teacher is a hsc marker and said he would give something like that close to full marks.
My teacher taught us the 'suck, squeeze, bang, blow' and he said if we wrote like this, the markers will give us 1 mark ;[

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)