• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

which uni has the most reputable architecture program? (1 Viewer)

ZippyWarrior

G'day
HSC
hi there, i posted this question in arts section too, but wasnt sure if that was the right place so i am putting it here. Sorry for any confusion or overlap.
I am wondering which uni has the best rep. For architecture. My guess is adelaide, sydney, nsw, or melb.
If anybody has any clue or experience i would appreciate it.
Thanks very much,
Elise

msh

HSC
angmor said:
but that chart is student survey filled opinions... That chart places most of unis in NSW in the 'least happy' column.

but i always felt the architecture faculty at UTS gets overshadowed by their Design faculty, which has an undeniably good reputation in the design industry.

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
angmor said:
uts wants to be at an "international level" meaning it doesn't wanna simply do houses in australia. thats what all the tuts and lecturers say anyways. "if you want to do domestic everyday (boring) architecture, you are in the wrong uni" - my tutor sam spurr (google her name and see her works. quite a hot tut too =D )

The work we are doing here is WHACK, like seriously insanely sexy in looks atm, but not sure how it stands up. ROFL so true to the enginnering part. HAHAHA

but yes, we are not 'happy', espically when we get like 4 days no sleep in a row. actually we hate it during the assessment periods...but then after we finish everything and look at the portfolios for each semster, it doesn't disappoint.
the work standard here is pretty high. check out the uts architecture website quite nice work compare to what i've seen with the unsw examples... lol no offence, its prolly just the website tho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)