Which uni should i be loooking to get into??? (1 Viewer)

Smittie

HSC
Firstly ill start by saying that i have a cadetship with a small firm and study would be part-time for the full 6 years. I go to an average public school and my assessment marks are as follows:

English Adv-64
Accounting (TVET)-95
General Maths-82
Ancient History-74
Senior Science-83
Business Studies-91

I know it is extremely hard to judge your UAI based on assessment marks but i just can't wait for next year. I feel as though i should at lowest be getting 80 but am hoping for much higher. Based on this can anyone give me information about the uni's and which i would be likely to get into. I'm thinking either Mac, UTS or ACU???

phrred

HSC
From looking at your marks id say youre good at and/or enjoy accounting and business studies.
For this, I'd go for UTS over macq or ACU however i do not know much about the ACU program.
For UTS you'd be looking at a UAI of 89ish for the B Business
Macq would be similar for the B Commerce ( i think it was 88 last yr?)

If you cant get this perhaps look at the BBusiness/B Computing at UTS which is about 82-85?

Smittie

HSC
yeh thnx...can any1 give me info. about wot the acu course is like...just wondering thats all

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Sorry don't know much about that.

Don't forget, some firms also allow UWS too. So your options aren't that limited.

Smittie

HSC
Yeah but UWS is a long way from the northern beaches... if i didnt have a choice i go there for sure, but its a long way if not needed

SaintMichael

HSC
N/A
if you get around 88-90 UAI then why dont you do a combined degree in B Applied Finance and B Commerce major in accounting at Macquarie.

Smittie

HSC
OMG went to all the open days...ACU crap not even goin to waste my time goin there...Maq absolutely loved n now am tossing up b/w it and UTS...

From my understanding i cant do the BBusiness/B Computing bcoz its only offered full-time!!

N have added the B Applied Finance and B Commerce to my preferences in place of ACU...

thnx for the advice keep it coming

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Smittie said:
OMG went to all the open days...ACU crap not even goin to waste my time goin there...Maq absolutely loved n now am tossing up b/w it and UTS...

From my understanding i cant do the BBusiness/B Computing bcoz its only offered full-time!!

N have added the B Applied Finance and B Commerce to my preferences in place of ACU...

thnx for the advice keep it coming
Actually you can do the BBus/BComp along with your cadetship as long as you can do 1 or 2 years full time and the rest part time. I know some guys who are doing this. I'm not sure if you can do 8 years PT, but perhaps 2 years FT and 4 years PT would be a better option for most people, otherwise it just takes too long to complete.

You can always do the single BBusiness degree at UTS with an Accounting and IT major (that would be 3 years), though its not as good if you are looking for a proper IT degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)