• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

White out!! (1 Viewer)

mybluebanisters

HSC
So, like an idiot I didn’t know that you aren’t supposed to use whiteout in the HSC.

None of my supervisors confiscated it (like others have said happened to them) and in fact they watched me use it multiple times throughout the paper and said nothing.

So you can imagine my shock when i get home and see a tiktok about how you’re not supposed to use whiteout in the HSC!!

I was frantically searching the web, which confirmed you aren’t supposed to use it BUT I saw a lot of people saying you will get penalised or failed for using whiteout.

obviously i bawl my eyes out, cause how can such a tiny mistake that’s not even cheating lead to an automatic fail !!!

So I called my school and actually found out that yes, although whiteout is not allowed, you will NOT be penalised for using it whatsoever. Do keep in mind that whiteout can effect the way your papers scan, so there is a chance that what you wrote on top of the whiteout will be illegible.

Ultimately I just wanted to share this as I saw ABSOLUTELY everyone saying you will be automatically failed or penalised for using whiteout, which is not the case. If this also happened to you, don’t stress! But it is best not to use whiteout at all and cross out your work if you make a mistake.

:)

jonolad69

HSC
So, like an idiot I didn’t know that you aren’t supposed to use whiteout in the HSC.

None of my supervisors confiscated it (like others have said happened to them) and in fact they watched me use it multiple times throughout the paper and said nothing.

So you can imagine my shock when i get home and see a tiktok about how you’re not supposed to use whiteout in the HSC!!

I was frantically searching the web, which confirmed you aren’t supposed to use it BUT I saw a lot of people saying you will get penalised or failed for using whiteout.

obviously i bawl my eyes out, cause how can such a tiny mistake that’s not even cheating lead to an automatic fail !!!

So I called my school and actually found out that yes, although whiteout is not allowed, you will NOT be penalised for using it whatsoever. Do keep in mind that whiteout can effect the way your papers scan, so there is a chance that what you wrote on top of the whiteout will be illegible.

Ultimately I just wanted to share this as I saw ABSOLUTELY everyone saying you will be automatically failed or penalised for using whiteout, which is not the case. If this also happened to you, don’t stress! But it is best not to use whiteout at all and cross out your work if you make a mistake.

glad you have calmed down

BUT again, people are just parroting what they've been told by their teachers numerous times about Whiteout, not necessarily their fault.

spiderfan44

HSC

i think they would only penalize you if they thought you used whiteout to deliberately mess with their marking that you couldnt explain otherwise, such as using whiteout on those half rectangle things on the corner of the page for scanning, or using whiteout on page numbers or questions so that it becomes harder to sort.

rev668

HSC
bruh is anyone gonna talk about how long it takes to go through everyone with that hsc blue slip

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)