who answered every question? (1 Viewer)

fush

HSC
yea i finshed ti all, i had bout 15 mins spare, cheked a bit but still missed stupid mistakes

budj

HSC
I said that commutators not connected toexternal circuit, rotor coils were not connected to split ring commutator, conducting brushes were made out of copper an not carbon (graphite), and that the armature was positioned such that it couldn;t rotate

smexy

yea i put that friction would cause sparks from the brushes, the coil was wound in clockwise and anticlockwise directions so it would rotate half way and then go back and that the motor had no power supply

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
Answered everything, and should get some marks for it. But i know i won't get full marks in the big mark questions.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
the coil was wrapped around the armature in two ooposite directions
the coil was not connected to the commutator
and there was no power supply

vladimir

chriscity1 said:
hey maybe your right buddy. No arguments from me. I also said that the magnets would produce too weak a field for the number of turns (only 50) - needs to be more like 500 I thought.
i reckon the magnets and number of coils would have been enough, i made a crappy little motor with like 10 turns copper and a magnet i found lying around my house and it worked fine. i just put no power source, coils not joined to commutator and coils wound around wrong axis so the forces on different sides would cancel each other out

mojako

HSC
the 2 magnets arent in the same horizontal plane
one is on a raised platform, the other one is on the desk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)